6 Silver Day!!!! And a BUNCH of Wheaties

Buellride

Forum Supporter
RainorShine (Gale) and I finally got out for a hunt for 2022, whether it was the Christmas holidays or me getting COVID we haven't been out for over 3+ weeks together. Today we went to a "new" town with the intent of door knocking multiple times and get on a bunch of permissions...instead the curbs were so good we didn't need to!!!:lol:

We warmed up on a short 35 foot curb and between us we must have recovered over 10 wheats...so after shifting to a curb across the street the silvers started showing up!!

After a 6 hour hunt I ended up with 6 silver dimes and 19 wheats (oldest wheat was a 1918S). Was able to get one "in-situ" picture for Tom in CA...your welcome.

Gale almost did as well but I will let him tell his story.

6 Silvers is a record for me in Washington State...only accomplished similar recoveries in Hawaii. Added to my 2022 totals.

Stay safe out there and HH and GL!!!

Attachments

• 1_17 In Sit.jpg
    1_17 In Sit.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 412
  • 1_17 In Sit 2.jpg
    1_17 In Sit 2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 396
  • 1_17 Dirty Silver.jpg
    1_17 Dirty Silver.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 390
  • 1_17 Clean Silver.jpg
    1_17 Clean Silver.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 384
It was a pretty epic hunt Paul. Sweet start with the wheats, and then just across the street three silvers in a matter of minutes. In the end we scored 9 silver, 39 wheats and one1896 Indian. Best was that at the very last, literally my last signal and final plug was my third silver for the day, and to make it better, it was a merc. That makes 10 1/2 silvers for me so far this year. Looking forward to our next outing.

It was a pretty epic hunt Paul. Sweet start with the wheats, and then just across the street three silvers in a matter of minutes. In the end we scored 9 silver, 39 wheats and one1896 Indian. Best was that at the very last, literally my last signal and final plug was my third silver for the day, and to make it better, it was a merc. That makes 10 1/2 silvers for me so far this year. Looking forward to our next outing.

Yes Gale it was a pretty epic "reunion" hunt 😎

Damn that’s a killer day there, nice work!!!

It was "new" ground for me so that was half the excitement and interest. Thank you.

Congrats on the half dozen of silvers! That sure sends the numbers into high gear for January.

TY, starting the year off with a *bang* is always good....now to keep the momentum up:roll:, THAT is the hard part.

Great hunt Buellride.

Thank you Detector.

Glad to hear of your recovery from covid Paul. And congrats to you and Gale on a fine January hunt with all the silvers and wheats. Six silvers in one hunt is no small feat theses days I need to find me some new spots. Good luck, Mark

Glad to hear of your recovery from covid Paul. And congrats to you and Gale on a fine January hunt with all the silvers and wheats. Six silvers in one hunt is no small feat theses days I need to find me some new spots. Good luck, Mark

Thanks Mark, it was a good way to "restart" the year. 6 silvers breaks my WA state record, but when I lived in PA and HI I would find 6+/hunt on a regular basis. I am sure you will find some "virgin" ground in your neck of the woods. GL!

Awesome digs!!! I haven't had a 6 silver day in a long time...many years. And probably won't again down here where I hunt.

Multiple silver hunts are getting tougher and tougher....I think it was 2 years ago that I found 5 silvers on one hunt, not many 4 silver hunts but plenty of 3 silver hunts. Florida is tough regardless, best of luck to you.

I like the peak-a-boo silver pix :cool:

When I found that Rosie in the plug I went over to Gale and told him I had silver and "come check it out", at first I thought it was a quarter but on closer inspection we agreed it was a dime...we both said at the same time, "Get an "in-situ" photo for Tom!"....you are a celebrity:lol:

Muy Beuno!!! Nice job pulling the shiny and lots of wheat cents. Glad you did well Paul, and nice Gale to chip in with three more silvers!

Back
Top Bottom