Deus 2 might just be the new bomb

Seems that since they're "go to" people are just getting them, the distributors may be a few weeks off yet. I pre-ordered about 3 weeks ago. Guess another month or so I can deal with.

I am on a list. 6 were ordered by one of the sponsors. I'm one of the ones on his list for the 9". I can't wait to put it through some tests in western ghost towns.

I’m very much looking forward to getting mine. My dealer said I was first on their pre-order list:yes:

I do love that Calabash is astonished at the ability to reject bottle caps of various types and find coins nearby. Has this not been done before?:lol: I do appreciate the time he takes doing these tests though…it at least gives people a rough idea what to expect.

I am on a list. 6 were ordered by one of the sponsors. I'm one of the ones on his list for the 9". I can't wait to put it through some tests in western ghost towns.
It'll be interesting to see how quickly yours arrives. The UK will get the bulk of the first release.

IDXMonster: said:
I do love that Calabash is astonished at the ability to reject bottle caps of various types and find coins nearby. Has this not been done before?:lol: I do appreciate the time he takes doing these tests though…it at least gives people a rough idea what to expect.
The more we moved to digitally-desigbed detectors, a lot of emphasis was put toward other functions. Glad to see someone addressing BCR, as White's used to call Bottle Cap Reject on several models. The one I enjoyed the most for over two decades was their XLT.

Monte

Whites had a weird descrim along with BCR they said if it cracks in tone then it is a bad target. Well most areas I hunted targets crack because of all the junk in the ground so their Disrim never helped me much.
I thought their V3I did better but the machine never took off for some reason.

The more we moved to digitally-desigbed detectors, a lot of emphasis was put toward other functions. Glad to see someone addressing BCR, as White's used to call Bottle Cap Reject on several models. The one I enjoyed the most for over two decades was their XLT.

Monte

GreenMeanie: said:
Whites had a weird descrim along with BCR they said if it cracks in tone then it is a bad target. Well most areas I hunted targets crack because of all the junk in the ground so their Disrim never helped me much.
I thought their V3I did better but the machine never took off for some reason.
The 'V' series started out with glitch after glitch. After 3+ weeks, 5 trips to White's, 3 so-called repairs and 2 new-model replacements right out of production, I dumped mine. My XLT was the superior performer.

BCR was only selectable as On or Off on some models, while others, like the XLT, featured intensity settings. I left all my XLT's on 1 for BCR and it provided enough audio to work well.

If increased to the highest setting, you could experience more 'misbehavior' in trashier environments. Remember, too, that BCR was mainly intended for average Coin Hunters in urban environments where Bottle Caps were frequently used. Not necessarily for iron plagued Relic Hunting applications.

Monte

The new tones are equinox like and pleasant, however the price is a deal killer!:shock:

Back in the day Minelab introduced the 3030 and Etrac at $1500 and $2500, sold probably tens of thousands of each ,just a guess..
In the last 5 years lots of new mousetraps out with close performance at a fraction of that price..Imo Xp isn’t gonna do those sales like Minelab did,not at those prices.. It’s not a matter of people spending,it’s a matter of people spending wisely.. The Confetti XP sprinkled on the Deus 2 looks good but don’t necessarily get the job done any better for turf hunters,at least I see nothing for myself to gain...I know lots of folks on these forums are over the moon with simultaneous multi frequency machines,,but Xp Deus single frequency is a beast in itself and I just don’t see the reason to upgrade,

Wow that video from Calabash was impressive! The deus 2 might take a chunk out of equinox sales. That was impressive separation in iron with a stock coil and program!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I just don't like the proprietary battery packs and 3 separate units to charge/connect. Every 5-6 years you need to replace them and how long will they keep making them
???

Back
Top Bottom