Lover's Quarrel Ring Searches

kamogawa

It seems like half of the lost ring searches I have done are where the husband and wife have gotten into an argument and one throws their ring across the yard. I often arrive to a very tense environment where the husband stands at one end of the yard and the wife stands at the other end with their arms crossed as I am searching. No matter how many searches like this I do, it always feels weird. A lot of the time they won't admit it, but it is clear what happened to the ring.

Lover's Quarrel Rings

Ha! Dumb-azzes. If you're charging them for your service add a D-A surcharge.

If they are nearby, I don't charge, but your are right, I should, especially if they are stressing me out. lol

Ha! Dumb-azzes. If you're charging them for your service add a D-A surcharge.
I always called it an "aggravation fee". When I was in sales , I would deal with business and homeowners. Sometimes they would be a real pain as I was giving an estimate. I would have problems before they even signed a contract ! So I would always inflate my bid. Sometimes my bids were insanely high , I didn't want their business. On rare occasions they would call and say even though my price was high , they liked me. My thinking was always "now I gotta deal with these people ". Yup , an aggravation fee.

I use to do polygraph exams. Calls in the middle of the night. Husband accuses wife of cheating 40 years ago.

Oh, I remember now, that's when you were working undercover for the CIA during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and you were also moonlighting doing polygraph tests. I remember how you said you got into polygraphs because you were actually trying to figure out who your old lady was cheating with. And that was the same time you were a cross dressing U-2 pilot. Man, those were the good old days. Wild times.

Oh, I remember now, that's when you were working undercover for the CIA during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and you were also moonlighting doing polygraph tests. I remember how you said you got into polygraphs because you were actually trying to figure out who your old lady was cheating with. And that was the same time you were a cross dressing U-2 pilot. Man, those were the good old days. Wild times.

Thanks for the free rent in your head!

I searched a church yard for days for a friend who was about to get married. Outside the church doors his bride to be told him she changed her mind and didn't want to get married he threw the ring across the church yard. I never did find it. but
that was in the late 80's and I was using a White's coin master my first detector.

My pleasure, I love helping the homeless. BTW, I'm glad that I'm not in your head, I get nauseated thinking about it.:cool:

These aren't very friendly replies, wouldn't it be better to avoid his posts instead of insulting him?

Here’s a friendly reply. Just charge them by the distance the ring was thrown. Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These aren't very friendly replies, wouldn't it be better to avoid his posts instead of insulting him?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you haven't been here long, but you might want to try to understand the ManInTheWall saga first. I'm not insulting him, merely responding in kind. Want to make sure he knows that we're not laughing with him, we're laughing at him. He's brought all this on himself, and he loves being loathed. Welcome aboard, but if my posts bother you, put me on ignore. Peace.

Also seems suspicious that you capitalize your handle like MITW. Hmmmm.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you haven't been here long, but you might want to try to understand the ManInTheWall saga first. I'm not insulting him, merely responding in kind. Want to make sure he knows that we're not laughing with him, we're laughing at him. He's brought all this on himself, and he loves being loathed. Welcome aboard, but if my posts bother you, put me on ignore. Peace.

Also seems suspicious that you capitalize your handle like MITW. Hmmmm.

I am new, and this was one of the first couple posts I saw since it was at the top of the New Posts feed. The forum was marketed as "Friendly" which I appreciated since everywhere else people congregate online seems to be not friendly lately, so I guess my response was a knee jerk one out of surprise mostly. I'm new and don't want to ignore anybody at this point, I'm learning and you may have something valuable to say or have said that would help me. I haven't seen enough from any one person here to know if anything bother's me, time will tell I guess. Regardless of what has happened in the forum, it seems like the moderators are active and he would be banned if he was breaking rules. Maybe I'm unrealistic in my hope that people can be more civil to each other and I had unrealistic expecations about a fun friendly place for people to discuss a hobby, as it seems like there are more threads I've read in the New Posts feed have a large number of people tearing each other down.

I'd say it's pretty common that in user groups and forums where spaces aren't allowed in usernames you have people who capitalize letters. I mean, MuddyMo also does it, but we aren't the same person. If the Wall Man is in Tampa and willing I'd be happy to take a picture with him posing with my new'ish Tesoro. And maybe a Garrett Apex since the Tesoro went a little crazy at the beach where the sand is wet, and the Apex site says it works in saltwater.

Back
Top Bottom