• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Silver!

TheBandit

Get ready the bubble is about to pop! Silver will go 15 dollars higher by September if not sooner. Hope you all dig a bunch. Got another FU date quarter today 1965..... that's 3 for the year! HH and Dig everyday.

Get ready the bubble is about to pop! Silver will go 15 dollars higher by September if not sooner. Hope you all dig a bunch. Got another FU date quarter today 1965..... that's 3 for the year! HH and Dig everyday.
Sweet! Seeing how silver’s the same price today as it was ten years ago, I’d be pleased with just a buck or two.

I hear you. I've been in the game for decades. When it hit 50 i was excited I was even happy with 30s. But now the conditions are right. Someone is trying to hold it back but it's like a finger in a leaky dam. When it goes it will go fast. It deserves a 50 plus a oz price. I remember when it was 5 dollars.

the most manipulated market in the world.
gold comes in at a close 2nd.

the paper contracts that are magically conjured up out of thin air and disappear at a whim control the price. makes perfect sense.

Numismatic value vs. scrap value. Collectors of high quality coinage (MS 60-70 ratings) should expect to pay significant premiums, unless the coinage is of very low mintage.
KT I haven’t bought since March of 2020 when spot dipped to $12 (I bought Kennedy halves at 12 x face). Right now plain non-graded business strike ASE’s are averaging $40 ea. Turn around and expect $30 if selling.

the most manipulated market in the world.
gold comes in at a close 2nd.

the paper contracts that are magically conjured up out of thin air and disappear at a whim control the price. makes perfect sense.

I agree. If I were to speculate in silver I would do ETFs whether long or short trading.

I just checked the current silver price - a little over $20 and ounce. I'm not surprised.

At the time of the original post I asked what the basis for the speculation was, because I saw no reason for it.

Just wanted to say: "I told you so!" :laughing: :cool3:

I sold my two beat silver dimes on Saturday and got $2.40, All good 👍😊
I just sold about 58 silver dimes last week for $1.65 each, just pennies below spot at the time. (all junk dates). A tip that may work for some of you-- Try to get in touch with a metal detecting club to sell your silver (especially dimes) some clubs use them for the seeded hunts and getting them online or at a coin shop costs them more than $2 a dime. The local detecting club has two seeded hunts per year and is paying much more than the local silver buying shops. Locally if we sell our dimes to the shops they pay about $1.40 but if you want to buy it will cost you about $2.15. Realize they have to make a profit. But that does seem steep to me. Anyways if you hit it right and the local detecting club is getting their hunt inventory together you can probably get close to spot price.

Predictions are worthless no matter who's making them. The ones who are in the business of SELLING precious metals will ALWAYS give you a dozen reasons why the price is going to explode upwards and you'd better buy RIGHT NOW so you don't miss out. And to quote Simon and Garfunkel...."A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest".

Here we are at the end of Jan., 2023, and silver is below $20/oz., so.......so much for your prediction. The best thing you can say about predicting spot prices of precious metals is that they will either go up, or down, or stay the same! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:
KT, curious as to why you‘re saying January‘s silver price was below $20…I’m reading the low was $23.20 and the high $24.28.
Respectfully, amc.

15 dollar higher! I'm not betting on it but I hope so.

Back
Top Bottom