• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

War of 1812 Light Dragoons pewter buckle worth

SpacemanSpiff

I found this War of 1812 Light Dragoons pewter belt buckle a number of years ago and am looking to sell it. My Dad did some research and he was told it was one of only two known in existence. Being pewter, I'd like to sell it before it falls apart.

Attachments

• thumbnail_1812 buckle.jpg
    thumbnail_1812 buckle.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 492
Has the condition become worse in the past few years?

With pewter buttons, the general approach is 50/50 distilled water and white Elmer's glue. The glue provides a bit of strength in addition to acting as a sealant. Either dip it, or paint it on with an artists brush in a few thin layers if you want to better control the coating.

I found this War of 1812 Light Dragoons pewter belt buckle a number of years ago and am looking to sell it. My Dad did some research and he was told it was one of only two known in existence. Being pewter, I'd like to sell it before it falls apart.

Welcome to the forum!

Just an FYI, you must be a member for at least 6 months and have 200 post to offer to sell here.

It is fine to be asking what it might be worth.

Welcome to the forum!

Just an FYI, you must be a member for at least 6 months and have 200 post to offer to sell here.

It is fine to be asking what it might be worth.

Thanks and noted. I’m not trying to still it on here, but trying to get an idea of what it may be worth. If I do decide to sell it, I’d like to have an idea what to ask.

Back
Top Bottom