$13,000+ in total clad!

stacking finds

I would think it took 10 years to find that many coins and and 10 years to stack them.

I would think it took 10 years to find that many coins and and 10 years to stack them.

LOL! I started metal detecting back in 2013. I was fortunate to find many thousands out here in parks and school since very few hunt out here in my neck of the woods.

Did not take very long to stack them. The meter stick makes a good way to strengthen the coin lines. Cleaning the clad however took a while. I have a special blend I use to make them look brand new using the tumbler.

Nox Dude

LOL! I started metal detecting back in 2013. I was fortunate to find many thousands out here in parks and school since very few hunt out here in my neck of the woods.

Did not take very long to stack them. The meter stick makes a good way to strengthen the coin lines. Cleaning the clad however took a while. I have a special blend I use to make them look brand new using the tumbler.

Nox Dude

How many hours a week on average? I would have to do 10 hours a day everyday to do this

How many hours a week on average? I would have to do 10 hours a day everyday to do this

I usually go out at least 2 or 3 times a week. Back in the day a few years back I was averaging 15 to 20 dollars per hunt. I usually go out 3 hours at a time. There are a TON of parks and schools out here. I believe at least 130 parks. I rarely see anybody hunting too.

Noxdude

Nox Dude

What's your "special blend"?

Steve

So freaking cool! Love to know your settings?

Nox 800... sensitivity 25, Landscape 1 discriminate with quarters and nickels only. Ground balance. Multi Frequency. Swing slow use 11 inch coil on parks and schools 6 inch on playgrounds with sand and wood chips.

Nox Dude

Amazing amount of finds - congratulations and good luck reaching the 14k milestone!

Nox 800... sensitivity 25, Landscape 1 discriminate with quarters and nickels only. Ground balance. Multi Frequency. Swing slow use 11 inch coil on parks and schools 6 inch on playgrounds with sand and wood chips.

Nox Dude

Can you modulate the threshold pitch on that model?

Can you modulate the threshold pitch on that model?

First congrats to NoxDude on hitting $13,000. I have been detecting on and off over 40 years now so most of my goals have been reached...now just make my goal... have the detector pay for itself.. and go from there...

I used to do very well with the old Whites dfx... still have all my detectors and a LOT of clad to clean still...doing well with the Equinox too...

Laxsaltman where as most older detectors did have a threshold, with the Equinox I have over 70 hunts with mine and can answer this question...(still consider myself learning the Equinox)... first year...

First... new detectorist (those in the last 10 years) do not know the inconveniences we dealt with in the past with c/d batteries... heavy 5/8 lb detectors... and so on... and the Equinox has made times even easier... with the preset programs...and ability to modify...

I love having threshold on with the dfx...BUT the Equinox is a different beast... the threshold mode is actually turned off in the preset park and field modes and playing around found out it is on in the gold mode. (Like old times)

The reason is discriminated targets cause a constant blanking in the trashy areas I hunt...so I see why they have it set to off...yes it can be turned on and adjusted...

IF you came from a time of thresholds or simply want to try it yes it can be adjusted and the pitch itself can be adjusted also...

Again congrats to NoxDude... wait to you get to the point when you move away from always finding clad and start digging all those signals...well not all the time lol keep it up...

I burned out doing the same thing... and now just 2 hour hunts very slow and the Equinox as you already know is a very fun machine...

First congrats to NoxDude on hitting $13,000. I have been detecting on and off over 40 years now so most of my goals have been reached...now just make my goal... have the detector pay for itself.. and go from there...

I used to do very well with the old Whites dfx... still have all my detectors and a LOT of clad to clean still...doing well with the Equinox too...

Laxsaltman where as most older detectors did have a threshold, with the Equinox I have over 70 hunts with mine and can answer this question...(still consider myself learning the Equinox)... first year...

First... new detectorist (those in the last 10 years) do not know the inconveniences we dealt with in the past with c/d batteries... heavy 5/8 lb detectors... and so on... and the Equinox has made times even easier... with the preset programs...and ability to modify...

I love having threshold on with the dfx...BUT the Equinox is a different beast... the threshold mode is actually turned off in the preset park and field modes and playing around found out it is on in the gold mode. (Like old times)

The reason is discriminated targets cause a constant blanking in the trashy areas I hunt...so I see why they have it set to off...yes it can be turned on and adjusted...

IF you came from a time of thresholds or simply want to try it yes it can be adjusted and the pitch itself can be adjusted also...

Again congrats to NoxDude... wait to you get to the point when you move away from always finding clad and start digging all those signals...well not all the time lol keep it up...

I burned out doing the same thing... and now just 2 hour hunts very slow and the Equinox as you already know is a very fun machine...

The reason I asked is because I'm using the Etrac and hunt 99% of the time with audio only. The reason for the question is because my ears are tuned to a certain pitch for certain targets.

The reason I asked is because I'm using the Etrac and hunt 99% of the time with audio only. The reason for the question is because my ears are tuned to a certain pitch for certain targets.

As mentioned yes... you maybe able to find a you tube video or two. But yes you can adjust to a more desirable pitch.

Also my ears ring all the time and tendentious came back in swinging shoulder from when I detected before...

Back
Top Bottom