Mercury Dime and a Ring

H Desert Digger

Forum Supporter
I'm not finding very many good targets these days, I think I have competition at my local parks and hunting grounds. I managed to find a nice mercury dime today it was resting about an inch down near the edge of the sidewalk in a local park. The ring was about 100 yards away it wasn't very deep either. It was near another break point between the grass and a cement pad. Best finds of the year for me so far.

20220621_145025[1].jpg

RingJune21.jpg

Attachments

• HHJune20.jpg
    HHJune20.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 169
Nice finds. I’ve had a couple items found just like you said, nearly butted up to the sidewalk edge. I like those finds.

Congrats on the Merc and ring. Man she's a beauty. I'll take em all worn and thin but its a real treat when they come out looking near mint. One find comes to mind, hunting an old amusement park, shallow dime signal, flip the leaves over, I see a shiny dime, I think recent clad drop. Nope, mint 1917 Merc. The badge is also pretty cool looking, maybe a close up ? Good luck. Mark

Congrats on the Merc and ring. Man she's a beauty. I'll take em all worn and thin but its a real treat when they come out looking near mint. One find comes to mind, hunting an old amusement park, shallow dime signal, flip the leaves over, I see a shiny dime, I think recent clad drop. Nope, mint 1917 Merc. The badge is also pretty cool looking, maybe a close up ? Good luck. Mark

Thanks Mark.

It's always a good hunt when you find a merc...smiles.

Sweet finds, congrats! I'm a big fan of Mercs also, the last beautiful US dime ever made.
To me the Roosevelt dimes always looked more like Harry S.Truman than FDR.

Back
Top Bottom