A few good finds and a pleasant surprise!

Wow that came out of the tank nicely!!! Must have something to do with the Japanned iron? (Which I read while trying to figure out what the heck a Griswold pup is….)

https://www.antiquetrader.com/antiques/collectors-chase-cast-iron-advertising-pups

Nice stuff!

Thanks! It just may BE because of the Japanning coating.(I had to read about it after you mentioned it) Lol. I saw it mentioned in the article but didn’t know what it was. I’m wondering if I should try to redo the finish with it because the electrolysis probably stripped off the old Japanning but am afraid I’d ruin it! I’ll probably just put some Renaissance wax on it.

Okay, as much as I love the Walker half, that ring is exquisite. So fine, Congrats on it and all the other finds. You and your buddy haven't posted in a while. Good to hear from you. Good luck. Mark

Thanks Mark! We still get out usually once a week but haven’t posted any finds for awhile.(Mostly the usual stuff) I’ll try to post other things I’ve found lately. Hope you’re doing good as well! I’ll have to check your posts to see! HH!

Stellar hunt! I'm familiar with lots of Griswold kitchen/household items, but never even heard of a Griswold pup. The iron junk that does not look impressive turned out really really nice! What a cool dig to go with the big shiny and gleaming fancy!

Awesome hunt! The Walking Liberty half and silver ring are just stunning!

Love the Griswold Pup, and it cleaned up amazingly well. I hadn't heard of them before your post, but I'll definitely start looking twice at the rusted blobs I dig up from now on.

HH!

Back
Top Bottom