Nokta Makro Legend feedback, use, comparisons, etc

Video.
How does one find best Freq and or best multi freq program on their detector for hunting modern trash?
Legend is shown in video along with some other models.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I5IVs3p3ESc

I know I give you a hard time TNS, and I assure you, I will continue to do so :D

Anyway, I watched your video, and as you were showing the best modes/frequencies for nonferrous trash, I kept thinking, "Tell them hunting in nonferrous trash is very different than hunting in ferrous trash"...and you did tell them, so good on you for that.

Furthermore, that was another good demonstration of what MW does on the Legend. One caveat though. When you say the ID dropped or raised by "x" amount on any detector, some may be surprised that one detector dropped by let's say, 5 ID numbers, and another detector dropped by 9 ID numbers. Let them know that the number spread drop is relative to the amount of numbers in the ID scale.

I know I give you a hard time TNS, and I assure you, I will continue to do so :D

Anyway, I watched your video, and as you were showing the best modes/frequencies for nonferrous trash, I kept thinking, "Tell them hunting in nonferrous trash is very different than hunting in ferrous trash"...and you did tell them, so good on you for that.

Furthermore, that was another good demonstration of what MW does on the Legend. One caveat though. When you say the ID dropped or raised by "x" amount on any detector, some may be surprised that one detector dropped by let's say, 5 ID numbers, and another detector dropped by 9 ID numbers. Let them know that the number spread drop is relative to the amount of numbers in the ID scale.

The test itself is relative. So that does not need to be mentioned.
Not like it was an actual detector comparison.
I just showed multiple models demoing.

You see I can take a new release detector out of the box.
Not read the manual at all.
Do this test. And likely find which program is the real deal in modern trash. Granted it is possible to have more than one better programs vs the rest in modern trash.

Now with all the secrecy of how manufacturers set up their multi freq ( example Minelab’s multi-IQ) this test exposes in quick fashion which is best/better modern trash choice(s).

The test itself is relative. So that does not need to be mentioned.

You either don't understand my point, or your self righteous attitude and fragile ego can't handle constructive criticism.

I know I'm not alone in thinking the latter is true.

You either don't understand my point, or your self righteous attitude and fragile ego can't handle constructive criticism.

I know I'm not alone in thinking the latter is true.

I try and share info. In a friendly fashion.
No, I understand perfectly. I showed each detector and how it behaved. The ID scale on each detector really doesn’t matter. I stated what. Which program and or freq reads highest ID with dime and nickel combo? Which one IDs closer to dime vs nickel likely best modern trash setup. A machine could have a 10 scale ID system and the same would apply. A VLF detector could have a 150 scale ID system the same would apply.

Cheers.

No, I understand perfectly.

Yes, I know you understood my point perfectly.

When I said, "You don't understand my point", I obviously meant that rhetorically. Which of course is why I followed up with, "I know I'm not alone in thinking the latter is true".

In your video, you are addressing newbies, so you have to think like a newbie. What that means, is when under the same scenario, detector "A" drops the ID by 10 points, but detector "B" only drops the ID by 7 points, then a lot of newbies are going to think detector B must be better, because you didn't explain ID spread variations between detectors.

Yes, I know you understood my point perfectly.

When I said, "You don't understand my point", I obviously meant that rhetorically. Which of course is why I followed up with, "I know I'm not alone in thinking the latter is true".

In your video, you are addressing newbies, so you have to think like a newbie. What that means, is when under the same scenario, detector "A" drops the ID by 10 points, but detector "B" only drops the ID by 7 points, then a lot of newbies are going to think detector B must be better, because you didn't explain ID spread variations between detectors.

Well,
I think am a good instructor. The USAF seemed to think so too.

So, you need to get go pro and get busy. And show where I am deficient. Real easy.

Video.
Using the Legend allowing it to be your bird dog for select digging.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YVBANoRXJFw

I give credit where credit is due, and that was an excellent video TNS.

BTW- Have you had any issues hunting in different sites with MW?

I've now tested MW on 4 different sites, and it was flawless on 3 of those sites. I don't know if it means much, but it ground balanced to the maximum of 20 on those 3 sites. On one of those sites, the ground balance was zero and the noise was unbearable. Then again, the noise in any other SMF on that site was unusually bad as well. I think that site was just a one of with very bad and unusual EMI.

Well,
So, you need to get go pro and get busy. And show where I am deficient

I already have been showing you your deficiencies, but like I said, your ego is getting in the way of my good suggestions.

I just show info. Why does everything have to turn to talking about me.
Keep your focus on the equipment please.

You know I could post a few choice things about some folks here. But I don’t and won’t. What good would it do?

Naturally if one finds my info distrusting, unimportant or unlikeable they should not read my posts and not watch my videos.

Sometimes I think some here would pay to go back and watch a movie they indeed thought was sorry the first time they watched and pay and go back watch a second time.

Video.
Using the Legend allowing it to be your bird dog for select digging.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YVBANoRXJFw

TNS,

Every selective digger using a single frequency detector needs to see this video.

I was about to start a new thread about this video, but then I thought, "TNS should probably duplicate the results in a couple of different masking scenarios to confirm the results". Are you able to do that?

I'm going in my backyard right now to do such tests.

I just spent a few minutes testing the unmasking of a silver dime among pull tabs and foil, in both 2d and 3d, using 5 khz, 15 khz, and MW. No point in trying M1, M2, or M3 :)

My testing was limited, but as usual, MW did very well, but 5 khz seemed to unmask even better than MW. 15 khz didn't unmask as well as MW or 5khz, but it wasn't too bad.

I don't normally hunt nonferrous trash sites, but if I did, and at this point, I would have a tough time deciding if I should use MW or 5 khz. Given how bad emi is getting, I'm leaning towards 5 khz.

I just spent a few minutes testing the unmasking of a silver dime among pull tabs and foil, in both 2d and 3d, using 5 khz, 15 khz, and MW. No point in trying M1, M2, or M3 :)

My testing was limited, but as usual, MW did very well, but 5 khz seemed to unmask even better than MW. 15 khz didn't unmask as well as MW or 5khz, but it wasn't too bad.

I don't normally hunt nonferrous trash sites, but if I did, and at this point, I would have a tough time deciding if I should use MW or 5 khz. Given how bad emi is getting, I'm leaning towards 5 khz.

Video.
Talking about modern trash sites and use of either 4 kHz or multi beach wet with Legend V1.09.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eoBhxIaMlIM

What some of you recent posters above me said I agree with points you all make. The thing that kinda irks me the most is , does this really have to happen. Don't the manufacturer's have some reason to blame ? I have said this for awile. Why aren't they doing enough of their own testing BEFORE it is released to the public ? I get that we all have different terrain , soil , sand , salt all over the world. But why couldn't all these guys put some test units in the hands of say 20 people all over the world , qualified enough to do them properly for like 3 months. Therefore working out the majority of bugs before a public release. Maybe they do and I don't know it. Why does the public have to be the testing Guinea Pigs ? I want to buy a new machine , do a few simple adjustments , hunt and enjoy myself. Harley noticed some 30+ Nokta updates already. This is ridiculous to me if they tested enough themselves before release. So I can't really blame some guys like TNSS who do all these crazy tests , seems like a hobby in and of itself , right or wrong on how they do it. But this IMO falls squarely on the manufacturer's....all of them.

EXACTLY!
4 different software upgrades with 33 changes to date, so far, and probably more to come!
RIDICULOUS.

EXACTLY!
4 different software upgrades with 33 changes to date, so far, and probably more to come!
RIDICULOUS.

Hey,don't take this personal cause it's not but I have a honest question. What don't you like about the updates,the actual updating? Cause I know it's a pita for me so I stayed in 1.08..
But don't you think it's cool that these companies are actually trying to give the end user all they can? Nokta/Makro seems to be one of the friendliest companies and the most user accomodating companies since whites..I have a Legend but I also have several other brands and I'm in no way bias to any of them .

Hey,don't take this personal cause it's not but I have a honest question. What don't you like about the updates,the actual updating? Cause I know it's a pita for me so I stayed in 1.08..
But don't you think it's cool that these companies are actually trying to give the end user all they can? Nokta/Makro seems to be one of the friendliest companies and the most user accomodating companies since whites..I have a Legend but I also have several other brands and I'm in no way bias to any of them .

I think its great that we have a dedicated tester here, exposing these issues, and the Nokta is making their product better every week as a result.

If I were you I would wait until maybe version 1.11 and maybe update at that time.

The trolling going on here is absolutely comical:

1. Nokta releases product with version 1.4....
2. User "A" test extensively and says its got problems
3. User "B" says No problems, its the greatest thing since sliced bread!

4. Nokta updates software with version 1.05 and makes major changes
5. User "A" test extensively and says its still got problems
6. User "B" says No problems, its the greatest thing since sliced bread!

7. Nokta updates software with version 1.07 and makes more changes
8. User "A" test extensively and says its still got problems
9. User "B" says No problems, its the greatest thing since sliced bread!

10. Nokta updates software with version 1.09 and makes more changes
11. User "A" test extensively and says its got a few problems
12. User "B" (a troll at this point) says No problems, its the greatest thing since sliced bread! Why cant I purchase a water-proof sock with printed lettering in stock anywhere? I want my sock!

4 different updates and 33 changes since inception, just a few months ago!

And probably more updates soon.

Hats off to TnSharpShooter for exposing theses issues, and making the Legend a better product.

Last edited:
^ User "B" (a troll at this point) says No problems, its the greatest thing since sliced bread! Why cant I purchase a water-proof sock with printed lettering in stock anywhere? I want my sock! LOL!

protective-system-box-cover

Attachments

• sock.jpg
    sock.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
^ User "B" (a troll at this point) says No problems, its the greatest thing since sliced bread! Why cant I purchase a water-proof sock with printed lettering in stock anywhere? I want my sock! LOL!

protective-system-box-cover

Welcome to the forum harleyhummer65...you really got my curiosity here,who's the troll?
Can't say myself that the Legend is the best thing since sliced bread, but I can say I've had no problems finding coins, no malfunctioning going on with mine either.
Did you have a bad experience with a Legend? Not every machine is gonna suite everyone if that was the case,we got lots to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom