NOX - negative reviews, problems and complaints

The negatives on mine;

1. Depth gauge highly inaccurate. I don't care to dig shallow high conduct targets but with this gauge you can't trust what is shallow or deep.

2. Pinpoint mode cuts out or too low on 1st attempt but works on 2nd attempt.

3. Only provided with one screen saver in English

+1

My arm gets tired digging all of these deep signals. :laughing:

Seriously though... I'd like a more oval coil vs the round. It is harder to get the round coil in and around tight spaces. It looks like the 6" coil will also be round in shape. There are lots of goodies around those tot lot poles and I want them all.

Depth gauge, overload, modulation, broader VDI band, more stable VDI numbers... Pretty much all the things that others have said. Maybe they can fix that with software and send out an update.

BCD

1) shaft wobble could use improvement
2) I like oval coils better than bigger round coils, with oval coils no need in pinpointing
3) more English screen savers
4) option of an s shaft, with an s shaft you can hold your arm more to your side
5) smaller coils should be available now

That is what I'm thinking. ...or it won't be long till someone electronic engineer / MD enthusiasts cracks the programming codes and starts offering "Tuner" mods for detectors.

I am waiting for someone to hack a 600 to make it an 800 minus profile.

BCD

Today I had a 6 hour hunt at the beach with my Equinox 600 (about 10 hours total so far since buying it) and I must say it was the least fun and most frustrating experience I've ever had with a detector.

First of all, the pinpointing was atrocious. Trying to get the lines to meet at the top -- with the sound going up and down, annoyingly -- is like trying to nail a piece of Jello to a tree. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet, but it's bad so far.

I did the 90-degree angle technique exactly as stated in the manual and there were some targets that were slightly off-center, causing me to dig a huge hole unnecessarily.

The next thing that bugged me was how low and faint the tones sound. Everything sounds like an iffy, garbage target unless it's ringing in 30+, even with max tone volume. I guess I was used to the bell sounds on my Garrett, but my god...the targets just don't sound crisp. On my old ACE, you'd swipe the coil over and it would make a loud BING, and then go silent off to the side of the target. It was unmistakable where the target was located. Right under the coil. With the Equinox, it makes these wimpy tones and often there is some ambiguity as to where the target is located. It's like in some cases you can only narrow it down to a zone around the coil.

Finally, I dug an insane amount of deep trash today. Giant holes that were exhausting to dig. My pockets were full of pull tabs, beaver tails, ring pulls, and about $3 in clad. Digging mid-tone trash doesn't bother me, but these targets were crazy deep. One target I remember: I dug a giant crater between 12"-15" deep chasing a 30 signal, and I reached a point in the sand that felt like rock and couldn't keep digging further. Lifted the coil up and it appeared to be a small target, but the pinpointer kept saying it was in the center of the crater. Since I didn't have a pickaxe, I had to leave the target in the ground and move on. :?:

Just really weird stuff like that. I've detected over 100 hours during the last couple of months, and have probably dug up 3,000+ targets in that time, but finding targets and digging them felt harder than ever today. Like doing hard labor at a prison camp kind of hard.

I Forgot

To mention the machine come's nose heavy> FIX< , i had to get a CF plugger shaft , and moved the head forward , as plugger has 3 head adjustment hole's , and last the charging port , had to scrap the conection about three time's so far for the magnetic connection to charge , maybe they could have used a more non corrosive metal to metal connection or had a connection cover for the port , instead of it taking on salt air , and water. ps mine has not been submerged , and still , have the issue .

Wow and you have a whole 10 hrs on it.

There are so many that are happy with theirs.

Maybe you need to downgrade to an easier detector to use that is simpler for you to use.

Some people can’t drive a Ferrari.

*See rule #1 and thread title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every thing on the Equinox should have been fixed before it was released for sale. Instead of we made the sale, now it is up to the buyer to buy parts to get fixed so it will work how they want it to work.

Why does Minelab always change things when they release a detector, so you have to buy more parts like lower rods, armrest and headphone plugs.

1. Rod problem: Fix= Steves Rods
2. Arm Cuff issues: Fix= Herke Cuff
3. Broken Coil Ears: Fix= Detector Do Dads mount stiffner

1. Rod problem: Fix= Steves Rods
2. Arm Cuff issues: Fix= Herke Cuff
3. Broken Coil Ears: Fix= Detector Do Dads mount stiffner

Why should it be up to the buyer to spend more money on something that should have been fixed before it was released?
That is nothing but a ripoff.

Why should it be up to the buyer to spend more :no:money on something that should have been fixed before it was released?
That is nothing but a ripoff.

We can post the whats but we cant answer the why's. My only suggestion? if a person has a detector that works and gets the job done with no problems?? use it DONT SELL IT!!:D I cant count the number of "wish I still had it's" I've read over the years.

Last edited:
Kind of sad to dredge up this threat that started 1½ years ago.

Yes, it's sad when a manufacturer rushes a product to market before it has been well prototype-tested and issues taken care of pre-production. It's also sad when aftermarket fix-em parts are so expensive, too.

Fortunately, for me at least, I heard of the issues early-on and simply didn't buy into the Equinox. But on a positive comment towards Minelab, I got my new Vanquish 540 Pro Pack a week ago today and haven't had a single issue with build quality or performance for how it's designed.

Just thought I'd throw the out my thoughts on the Vanquish: :goodjob: Not that it makes up for their oversight on the Equinox series.

Monte

Now we know why

Kind of sad to dredge up this threat that started 1½ years ago.

Yes, it's sad when a manufacturer rushes a product to market before it has been well prototype-tested and issues taken care of pre-production. It's also sad when aftermarket fix-em parts are so expensive, too.

Fortunately, for me at least, I heard of the issues early-on and simply didn't buy into the Equinox. But on a positive comment towards Minelab, I got my new Vanquish 540 Pro Pack a week ago today and haven't had a single issue with build quality or performance for how it's designed.

Just thought I'd throw the out my thoughts on the Vanquish: :goodjob: Not that it makes up for their oversight on the Equinox series.

Monte

They didn't just throw it out of the airplane at the UK introduction:The parachute was a good option. lol:

No complaints here, my Nox is stock and it get's abused. And sucks medieval silver out of my ground like a hoover!

Attachments

• 20191115_101139-600x800.jpg
    20191115_101139-600x800.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 426
Im getting a lot of number jumps and falseing with the 800. I will be just strolling along and get a nice tone and a good number like 26 or a 28 will pop up then it will never hit again no matter what I do over the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom