NOX - negative reviews, problems and complaints

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
This is the thread to talk about what you don't like about the NOX. Hardware, software, performance, etc. Call it a place to bring awareness or vent!
exwkc.jpg

RULE 1.) Don't post anything positive attempting to defend the unit

RULE 2.) See rule #1

Yes, I have a NOX and like it but the internet is quickly helping us become aware of issues from around the globe. With some luck, this thread will eventually share fixes/resolves to issues or at least create awareness for potential buyers.

Here are the problems identified (on some units) so far....
  • Lower shaft is likely the wrong size and easily comes loose
  • Software prevents headphones from pairing
  • Headphones in 600 boxes arrive damaged (box has no damage)
  • Battery charging cables not manufactured correctly

What is your complaint?

Pinpoint audio volume is really low for a second or two when going into pinpoint sometimes.

I had one arrive with dead unchargeable battery. (currently at minelab)

I'll start..only complaint is the backlight on the 600,too bright,and control sets so high it's in your face,the light.Its impossible to see the coil to do a accurate pinpoint,streetlights allow for some sight for pinpointing..past that it's a great machine.If you hunt at night alot,just get the 800 ,, adjustable backlight brightness.

Issues

Depth meter inaccurate , entire charging system grade- poorly made , the machine is not perfectly balanced, only 1 English screen saver, handle has come loose , had to re-tighten the 4 bolts, and last ML accessories should have been available since the release of the machine , here we are once waiting for our machine for month's, than now- in La La land whennnnnnnn :roll::( NO ACCESSORIES :mad::pirate2::police::nono::waiting:

My thingy here is a couple recommendations.
Take away global and semi global protocols for user profile programming on 800 model units.

So user profile when used or toggled to can be totally independent of a user's actual detect mode hunt program.

My other recommendation is to allow 800 model be shut down (power wise) while user profile program is engaged and not lose user profile programming settings.

I haven't had any problems with the unit itself, but these are the things I'd like to see improved:

1) Depth meter is worthless. Needs a set of numeric digits.
2) Needs overload and modulation.
3) Pinpointing not so great. Even some deeper targets sound like they're right on the surface. Could also be improved with auto-ratcheting feature like found on CTX.
4) User Profile button needs to be moved down below the display for easy access. Same with power button.
5) Would much prefer trigger style pinpoint button on the back side of the display.
6) Would like to see more TID resolution. Would be nice if Nox TID matched CO numbers of CTX/Etrac.

My 2 complaints have already been stated above. Luckily I have not had the shaft issues others have spoke about.

Depth meter is in accurate.
Pinpointing is difficult sometimes.

These shortcomings are easy to work around though,

Dig deeper.
Use the wiggle back method to pinpoint.

Problems solved! :grin:

I haven't had any problems with the unit itself, but these are the things I'd like to see improved:

1) Depth meter is worthless. Needs a set of numeric digits.
2) Needs overload and modulation.
3) Pinpointing not so great. Even some deeper targets sound like they're right on the surface. Could also be improved with auto-ratcheting feature like found on CTX.
4) User Profile button needs to be moved down below the display for easy access. Same with power button.
5) Would much prefer trigger style pinpoint button on the back side of the display.
6) Would like to see more TID resolution. Would be nice if Nox TID matched CO numbers of CTX/Etrac.

+1!!!!!

Well luckily I have none of this issues mentioned by OP with my 800.

I am totally happy with detector the way it is but it would be nice to have trigger style pin point button and wider TID range as Rattlehead mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Equinox 800:

Wiggle in the lower shaft as well as the upper shaft.
When the button engages in the hole there's a small gap on either side of it, this is where the play comes from, the cam locks should prevent this from happening but they don't.

The cam locks seem (to me anyway) to not be of great quality.

On the stock coil it's not a huge issue but when / if the bigger coil comes out I foresee it becoming a problem.

Basically I shouldn't have to be trying to 'fix' this issue (Plumbers tape, not very successful) on a brand new machine. They kept us waiting long enough to iron out the bugs and they somehow missed this?

Pinpointing is off the most of any of my machines, occasionally it's where it should be, sometimes it's towards the front, sometimes the back.

Funny how some of the early adaptors of this detector said pinpointing was spot on. Just watching some of the early videos I knew this wasn't going to be the case. If your digging down a foot I want a precise dime sized spot on my loop. I would want that trigger on the side also like the T2 Tek.

Other than the lower rod, my armcuff is driving me nuts. You can feel it doing something on every swing and its as tight as you can tighten one. Will say that style armcuff came on some other detectors. Issue was it usually splits open wide at the bolt hole. I still have a cracked one if you need a picture.:lol: Not that its gonna matter to me much longer. All I need is the unit without the shaft as soon as my carbon fiber gets here:lol:

The cam locks seem (to me anyway) to not be of great quality.

On the stock coil it's not a huge issue but when / if the bigger coil comes out I foresee it becoming a problem.

When the 15" coil comes out all these shafts and armcuffs are done for! Recall city!

It is not as good as pinpointing as the Deus is. But I still like it a lot.

It is not as good as pinpointing as the Deus is. But I still like it a lot.

Mine actually pinpoints really well. But I am beach hunting. Dug a pair of ray bans the other day and didn't cut them in two like I do with my CTX:lol:

The negatives on mine;

1. Depth gauge highly inaccurate. I don't care to dig shallow high conduct targets but with this gauge you can't trust what is shallow or deep.

2. Pinpoint mode cuts out or too low on 1st attempt but works on 2nd attempt.

3. Only provided with one screen saver in English

Back
Top Bottom