• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

ID Gold Mark?

Diggum

Elite Member
Hi All, I'm looking at a piece of jewelry with these markings. I can't tell if this says GF, or if it's some other kind of marking I don't recognize. Can someone help me with this? Thanks!

Attachments

• goldmark.jpg
    goldmark.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 301
Any way you can post a bigger picture? It looks more like DF or OF to me though. The symbol to the left of the 14K might mean something once it's blown up.

Any way you can post a bigger picture? It looks more like DF or OF to me though. The symbol to the left of the 14K might mean something once it's blown up.

Thanks, mysteriousness, but that's the best I've got. DF or OF? I'll look those up and see if they mean something.

From my researching I have found that there are many makers marks today and many are not documented.
Good luck and hope you do find this mark.

almost looks like someone tried to imitate Italian hallmark..it would have a star, 1-3 digit number and two letter province abbreviation.

Voriax

Thanks, all! This marking is on a necklace that I wanted to bid on for sentimental reasons, but I didn't want to pay for a gold plated pendant (where this marking is located).

I won the auction, so will have a better look at it soon! :yes: Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom