Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 04-02-2021, 02:31 PM

Default Time traveler who hates MDer's

He(or She) went back in time and scattered nails everywhere...This is the only rational explanation how every square foot of every place I detect has old rusty nails scattered throughout. parks, fields, private houses... I don't know how he did it, but unless we put our heads together and make our own time machine so we can travel back in time and stop him...i think we are doomed to a lifetime of rusty nails no matter where we go!

Old 04-02-2021, 03:25 PM
Supporter

Talking

Why not simply use a time machine to go back and metal detect before they started making clad .......could you imagine how well you might do if you took a Nox 800 back to about the 1950's or early 1960's ?

......now all you have to do is invent a time machine
Name:  md_timemachine2.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  124.9 KB

Name:  Grumpas_time-machine-adventure.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  Grumpas_time_machine_car.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  57.2 KB

(funny edits from this thread - http://metaldetectingforum.com/showt...58582&page=211 )

(lots more funny edits on the link above )

John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2021, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Max houser View post
He(or She) went back in time and scattered nails everywhere...This is the only rational explanation how every square foot of every place I detect has old rusty nails scattered throughout. parks, fields, private houses... I don't know how he did it, but unless we put our heads together and make our own time machine so we can travel back in time and stop him...i think we are doomed to a lifetime of rusty nails no matter where we go!
I've seen this play out before. *You* are the time traveler, and *you* are scattering the nails, because *you* are telling yourself to spend more time with your loved ones while you still can, rather than playing amateur archaeologist. Before you know it Arnold Schwarzenegger will show up and stop at nothing to destroy your detectors! He can't be reasoned with. He can't be stopped! It's all he does!

Old 04-03-2021, 07:31 AM
Supporter

Catch me if you can, old chap!
Attached Images

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by TorqueMaster View post
I've seen this play out before. *You* are the time traveler, and *you* are scattering the nails, because *you* are telling yourself to spend more time with your loved ones while you still can, rather than playing amateur archaeologist. Before you know it Arnold Schwarzenegger will show up and stop at nothing to destroy your detectors! He can't be reasoned with. He can't be stopped! It's all he does!
are you sure it's me...I mean myself? ya know I thought so, but could never put my finger on it. do you think wrapping my detectors in tin foil will prevent Arnold from finding them?

Old 04-03-2021, 10:36 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Metal Pig View post
Catch me if you can, old chap!

Now if I can just find a dutch oven full of gold coins!