• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Unmarked rings. Why?

BufordCityDawg

Elite Member
I was detecting a local school today and picked up this ring. Everything about it looked and felt right, but no mark. I tested it and it tested 14k. It makes me wonder why they don't mark some rings. This doesn't look like a foreign ring that might be unmarked. Really don't get it, but I'll take it!

BCD

Attachments

• 20220730_171731.jpg
    20220730_171731.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 392
That ring doesn't look like it can be stamped... unless its on the center of the ring... if its gold congrats on it.. lots of rings were unmarked back in the day...

I think I riddled it out. It is really small and I can see that it was resized. They lost the stamp when they resized it. Really stoked for the gold. I don't get to detect a lot lately.

BCD

very nice find. I found a 14K man's weeding band 3 weeks ago in a totlot. I find about one gold or nice silver ring each year when I am not really looking for rings. Looking for rings requires a lot of digging junk. Some of mine are when I dig a nickel signal and surprise, surprise, surprise as Gomer used to day.

I think I riddled it out. It is really small and I can see that it was resized. They lost the stamp when they resized it. Really stoked for the gold. I don't get to detect a lot lately.

BCD

Ahh yes...the ol' resizing cutout mark loss. I've seen that once or twice too.
Very nice dig! E is for EXCELLENT!

Custom ring. Know someone who makes custom Platinum rings and never marks them. He makes you one, you are the only one who needs to know it's Plat.

People seem to think all "real" gold jewelry will be marked. Not the case. I have a good number of pieces of jewelry not marked but tested as gold by both electronic & acid testing. I have sent in a lot of unmarked jewelry to ARA and I was paid.

Custom ring. Know someone who makes custom Platinum rings and never marks them. He makes you one, you are the only one who needs to know it's Plat.
X2
I have quite a few!

Homemade rings most times will not have a mark. Still a very nice find, congrats. I recently dug a ring, I was sure was silver but had no marks. A jeweler confirmed it was silver but did not know what the stone was. I have been meaning to post in the help id section. Good luck. Mark

Back
Top Bottom