• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

An interest in why?

I too liked the comment "pull tab fetish".....

I started because I wasn't able to go bass fishing after moving to Victorville CA to live with my son. I was hooked shortly after seeing a video on youtube about "dirt fishing".

HDD

Well I will be honest I had this grand idea of finding riches beyond belief LOL

Honestly though back in 2009 I purchased a house in Ohio that was built in 1889, which is what actually got me into metal detecting, i knew the house had history from some research my wife and I had done so we decided to purchase a couple of detectors, we had a fenced in back yard that was just under a acre of land and a quarter acre front yard, the first target I dug in the back yard was a 1944 merc, my wife lost interest pretty quickly but me I was hooked

My best find was not in the yard but under the house in the crawl space which is what really hooked me into detecting

Last edited:
It's a treasure hunt that can and does produce treasure. Sure, I originally thought the more valuable treasure would come more often, but there is almost always some level of success.
I can get into just about any kind of treasure hunting with reasonable hope for a good return on investment. That's why I am the foragist that I am. Mushrooms, berries, so many wild treasures are out there for the taking...if you "treasure hunt" for them. Thrift sales and flea markets, etc. are treasure hunts. Bottle digging is a treasure hunt. Fishing is a treasure hunt. Treasure comes in many different forms, but it's the treasure hunt that has driven me for as long as I can remember.
Metal detecting is a particularly inspiring form of treasure hunting!

I was always interested in the discovery of the past and sort of vaguely interested in trying metal detecting, but never did anything about it...

Then nearly four years ago, that interest was kindled again after watching the detecting segments of Oak Island so i did a bit of research and bought first a Racer 2 and then an Equinox 800..

I have no interest in finding "buried treasure" nor trying to make money from the hobby and treat any modern silver and gold finds as a nice bonus but not a motivation.

That said, in just under 4 years of detecting, I have found far more gold and silver than the Oak Island team has since the series has started! And that's without using any earth movers or excavators😂

Treasure hunting! The magic of finding that next amazing lost item. What am I going to find next? What am I going to learn about this area, this property, this land. Where is that buried jar of gold coins???

I thought it looked fun, then the first day out with my Ace 250 I found a 3 rosie silver spill at a public park and I was hooked.

I've always been curious about whats in the ground and I love treasure hunting so detecting is always something I wanted to try. Once I did, I was and have remained totally hooked. Getting to go out to the park or beach to do a little treasure hunt whenever I want, that anticipation of what that next target might be...you can't beat it!

It’s the little boy in me that loves to dig for treasure. When I was quite young, I had a spot in my moms garden she let me dig. I had a super deep hole going, and I was sure I would find treasure.

Now, with the detector, we at least have an indication of buried treasure. It’s that thrill of the unknown.

Back
Top Bottom