New from Valencia / Los Angeles

Defense

Hello all. Located in Valencia Kaliforniastan. New to the hobby with zero experience. Still in the research stage of buying a detector (Under $500).

I live about 30 miles north of Los Angeles in the high desert mountain area not far from Oak of the Golden Dream (Supposedly the first recorded finding of gold in California) There is a abandoned mine not far from my house and I'm looking into gold prospecting.

I look forward to stalking the forum and researching.

Thanks!
Jerry

Welcome from Monterey, CA. The rates here for fellow Californians is : You pay me 30% of all your finds. I accept paypal and venmo ! :cool3:

Welcome from northern Virginia.

Regarding your new machine, your choice will depend on whether you plan to get it wet (beach hunting), and what you're going after (you mentioned old mines - there are machines geared towards finding gold, but they're less helpful than others for coins). I'm partial to the Garrett Ace Apex (which is a nice US-made all-around machine for under $500), but there are plenty of other good machines for which you'll find strong proponents. There's an "Advice on Detector Purchase" forum on this board where you can get more details.

Just be careful of Chinese knock-offs - in general you get what you pay for - in other words if it's really cheap it's probably because it's really cheap if you know what I mean.

HH and GL!

Welcome from CT. Good luck in your detector search. Plenty of help here. Again wet or dry hunting will determine what to look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a minelab 540 and like it. Well within your price range.

welcome aboard the crazy train

Back
Top Bottom