Whoops, they did it AGAIN!

achaios

Forum Supporter
I'm expecting a package via USPS, and it didn't arrive yesterday, as their app said it would. I checked the status this morning, and it supposedly had a delivery attempt at 7:35 last night, and held at the post office by customer request. I can tell this is false, because the ZIP of the post office it is currently at is one down the highway from me, NOT MY LOCAL which is just up the street.

I'm pretty sure what happened. The scanner said my ZIP, but the sorter dumped it in the adjacent ZIP's mail. That carrier took the mistaken mail back to the post office, and they had no code for "we screwed up and sent it to the wrong place", so they used "held at customer request".

The package contains a 1950-D nickel, worth about $20. The only thing I can do at this point is see if the seller can yell at somebody. The nickel isn't excessively rare, but I doubt I will ever find one in circulation.

*sigh*

-- Tom

In roughly the past month Fedex lost one of my packages (had to file a claim with the shipper) When I filed it with Fedex the state they confirmed with the driver it was delivered to my house, even go the text messaged stating it was delivered with the date and time. Problem is I have security camera on my house and them and the lack of a package tells a different story. Also with that same period I received 2 other packages I did not order. 1 for a person across the street and another for someone a few blocks way I had to deliver correctly for them. Trying to call them on the phone to get them to come pick it up and take it to the right address takes way more time then for me to drop it off myself but I starting to think who ever does the delivery needs to get his eyes checked.

In roughly the past month Fedex lost one of my packages (had to file a claim with the shipper) When I filed it with Fedex the state they confirmed with the driver it was delivered to my house, even go the text messaged stating it was delivered with the date and time. Problem is I have security camera on my house and them and the lack of a package tells a different story. Also with that same period I received 2 other packages I did not order. 1 for a person across the street and another for someone a few blocks way I had to deliver correctly for them. Trying to call them on the phone to get them to come pick it up and take it to the right address takes way more time then for me to drop it off myself but I starting to think who ever does the delivery needs to get his eyes checked.

I rate FedEx below the USPS in quality of service. I'll bet what happened in your case was similar to one of my experiences with FedUp. Rather than scan the packages as delivered and have to do them one at a time, the driver just scanned them all at once and then delivered (or in your case, misdelivered). Result: Flagged as delivered @ time = x, actual delivery at x+40min. Long enough for me to file a complaint.

-- Tom

I'm expecting a package via USPS, and it didn't arrive yesterday ...
I'm pretty sure what happened. The scanner said my ZIP, but the sorter dumped it in the adjacent ZIP's mail. That carrier took the mistaken mail back to the post office, and they had no code for "we screwed up and sent it to the wrong place", so they used "held at customer request".

-- Tom

The excuse I routinely see is "No Access to Delivery Location” -- which is a load of hooey. They deliver the envelope mail but not the package. Usually it would have fit in the box. Even if not, there's no gate, no dogs, somebody was home, and the doorbell does work.

Either somebody didn't actually put in in the mail vehicle, or they forgot they had it, and it's oh well, we'll deliver it the next day. Sadly, the USPS does not have an honest option for the mail carrier to select. It should be "We screwed up AND here's some forever stamps to say we're sorry." Naturally this most often happens to me on Saturdays, so I'm often left waiting 2 extra days, if not 3 with holiday Mondays. So much for my weekend project!

Let us know when you finally get your delivery !

We live on a gravel road that has a total of 3 addresses, even though my mailbox at the edge of the road clearly shows our name and house number we still very occasionally get our neighbors mail and sometimes they will get ours, this also has happened with non-USPS companies like UPS making deliveries to the wrong house.

It's not a real big deal as I will walk my neighbor's mail or package down the road to their house (maybe about a 2 minute walk each way) and they will walk ours to us, but it is still puzzling how they can not notice that the name/address on the mail/package does not match the highly visible name/address on the mailbox. :?:

I had chalked it up to maybe just being a substitute driver who was not familiar with the route, but that would still not explain not seeing the obvious mismatch between the mail/package name/address and the mailbox name/address, so maybe they were just in too much of a hurry and not paying attention ?

When I checked this morning, it was still reading held at the post office by customer request. However, it showed up in the mail today. I did notice that it was hand written, but the writing was clear. I don't know if the scanner was having a bad day, or not, so I guess the correct ZIP code I was seeing in the tracking was based on the information from when it was mailed.

However, anybody whose scanner thinks a "3" looks like a "7" needs to buy a better scanner. I can see crinkling up a "7" to resemble a "3", but I don't think the inverse is possible. I can only guess that they only looked at the top 15% of the "3" to come up with a "7".

The package was intact, not smudged or anything. The address label was sort of close to the bottom of the padded envelope, so maybe that caused it.

-- Tom

Late may o made a purchase. IT was delivered (?) Ups. UPS says shipped. Then the seller says your package may have been lost or it may have just been delayed. The shipper then said out of stock and we do not know when we will receive more of the item.

I waited two weeks and said i want a refund. The seller said okay but it may still show up and if it does notify us for return shipping.

I found the item from another source and had it in 4 or 5 days. Fedex had it here on time.

I had my first bad experience with UPS in quite a while yesterday (they are the most dependable to MY area, YMMV). The status said "left at front door". Nope! It was left at the top of my driveway! From there you have to walk up the sidewalk, up the porch steps and THEN to the front door.

I've noticed a lot of services (food, Amazon, etc.) seem to rely too heavily on GPS to find the exact house, which doesn't work in a really dense neighborhood. I'm in a duplex, and often her packages/mail are delivered to me, and vice versa. I've definitely caught my Doordash delivery being dropped off at her place (front steps, since she keeps the enclosed porch door locked).

Back in my day, the delivery person read the shipping/mailing label and not some little LED/LCD/OLED screen to find where something went. :(

-- Tom

I had my first bad experience with UPS in quite a while yesterday (they are the most dependable to MY area, YMMV).

The status said "left at front door". Nope! It was left at the top of my driveway! From there you have to walk up the sidewalk, up the porch steps and THEN to the front door.

I've noticed a lot of services (food, Amazon, etc.) seem to rely too heavily on GPS to find the exact house, which doesn't work in a really dense neighborhood. I'm in a duplex, and often her packages/mail are delivered to me, and vice versa. I've definitely caught my Doordash delivery being dropped off at her place (front steps, since she keeps the enclosed porch door locked).

Back in my day, the delivery person read the shipping/mailing label and not some little LED/LCD/OLED screen to find where something went. :(

-- Tom

Reminded me we have occasionally had times when the USPS had a package to deliver and if it is a larger package that can't fit in our mailbox (mailbox is near the entrance to our driveway on the side of the road) they will usually leave packages too large for the mailbox either under the canopy where we have our car parked, or near the front door, (maybe they choose the canopy if it looks like it might rain, and obviously if it is raining)

......anyhow, I am retired and home most of the time and when expecting a package I'll check the delivery status online occasionally to know if it's there yet to go outside and get it, what is funny is that occasionally they will list the delivery status as something like "left item in resident's mailbox" when it was a package that was way too big to fit in the mailbox :laughing: it is no big deal, just funny :laughing: maybe they clicked on the wrong status button by mistake as there are times when the status will correctly say something like "left item near front door".

Reminded me we have occasionally had times when the USPS had a package to deliver and if it is a larger package that can't fit in our mailbox (mailbox is near the entrance to our driveway on the side of the road) they will usually leave packages too large for the mailbox either under the canopy where we have our car parked, or near the front door, (maybe they choose the canopy if it looks like it might rain, and obviously if it is raining)

......anyhow, I am retired and home most of the time and when expecting a package I'll check the delivery status online occasionally to know if it's there yet to go outside and get it, what is funny is that occasionally they will list the delivery status as something like "left item in resident's mailbox" when it was a package that was way too big to fit in the mailbox :laughing: it is no big deal, just funny :laughing: maybe they clicked on the wrong status button by mistake as there are times when the status will correctly say something like "left item near front door".

I should have mentioned the UPS package was a padded envelope of tax receipts. I guess it is possible they threw it at the porch and didn't get close enough, but that's normally a FedEx trick and not UPS.

-- Tom

I should have mentioned the UPS package was a padded envelope of tax receipts. I guess it is possible they threw it at the porch and didn't get close enough, but that's normally a FedEx trick and not UPS.

-- Tom

Wow, I don't think they ever tried that here, and hopefully they won't or it would be caught on a video clip :shock: :lol:

I forgot to mention we have some security cameras covering different areas, one is positioned to show if anyone walks or drives onto our property and will automatically take a video clip if it detects motion and make my smartphone beep to notify me.

We recently were away from home and I got an alert on my smartphone that some motion was detected out front, I checked the video clip on my phone and saw it was a UPS driver walking a small envelope package up to our house, he actually set the package inside the screen door since it would fit.

Here is the camera model that alerted us, it has been working very well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W6PXRR8/

It is solar powered and connected via WIFI so no wiring is needed, just needs to be within your home WIFI range and where the solar panel can get enough sun during the day to keep the battery charged, it also can be remoted panned 355 degrees and also tilted up and down. It has night vision too. The only thing to buy is a micro SD card. Also, there is no monthly fee for this security since it works off your own home WIFI and the app you download and use on your smartphone is free. (it also has 2-way audio)

In addition to my smartphone I can also view the video feed at home on my computer, or on my TV screen (with Fire TV stick) or on our Echo Show devices since the camera is compatible with Alexa, I can just use my voice and ask Alexa to show me that particular video feed (or ones from my other cameras) Sorry to ramble on but it is so neat to use, using the audio feature I have talked to the deer in the evening occasionally when they came thru my yard and beeped my phone from the motion detect alert, it was funny to see their reaction :lol:

I had the day off and was expecting a detector that I had sent in for repair. After waiting most of the day I went to check my mail. I live in an apartment and packages to large for my mailbox are always left at our door. There was an attempt to deliver notice on my mailbox from FedEx. I had been home all day waiting for it. I had to take the next day off from work to catch the delivery person in the parking lot before she left another attempt note. I never had a problem with UPS or the post office.

I had the day off and was expecting a detector that I had sent in for repair. After waiting most of the day I went to check my mail. I live in an apartment and packages to large for my mailbox are always left at our door. There was an attempt to deliver notice on my mailbox from FedEx. I had been home all day waiting for it. I had to take the next day off from work to catch the delivery person in the parking lot before she left another attempt note. I never had a problem with UPS or the post office.

I have had times in the past where when expecting a package at my home that required a signature I would tape a note on the door saying something like "Delivery person, I am home, please ring doorbell" otherwise they possibly might so lightly knock you don't hear them if you are not close to the front door, and they can be so fast to leave that by the time I'd check my security camera they might be driving off.

My UPS guy had repeatedly dumped 6 figure value packages on my steps even though MY signature specifically is required. He just says “it’s cool I signed for it” and I politely remind him not to do so. He has no clue what he’s delivering lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom