totally fed up!!!

hoser

Forum Supporter
We really love living in the woods. Cool in the summer, warmer in the winter. However, right now it's not a good thing. You see we as a community are over run by Gypsy moth caterpillars. How much damage can a little ole catturpillur do any way. Well for the last two weeks I have had to wake up, have coffee, and either get the backpack blower out if it's dry, or the pressure washer if it's wet. They eat and as they eat , it comes out the other end as little pellets that stick to everything. The township said it will be this year and probably next year as well. At that time they will be able to use crop dusters to spray for these little tyrants and it will be a millage thing. Sorry to rant, but this is getting VERY old. This is a pic of what it is like every morning.

Attachments

• 20210618_091200.jpg
    20210618_091200.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 382
Wow ! talk about having to be careful where you step :lol:
Seriously though, it's been a while here since we had gypsy moth infestations but they're saying this will be a bad year.

Is this a new thing for you up there Brother Bee?
Hiya Bee. Nope it's not new, it's just we seem to have a bumper crop of the little buggers this time around. It's definitely a pain, but it dawned on me that we clean our feet when we enter our house. Our next door neighbor has four dogs.:shock::wow:

We really love living in the woods. Cool in the summer, warmer in the winter. However, right now it's not a good thing. You see we as a community are over run by Gypsy moth caterpillars. How much damage can a little ole catturpillur do any way. Well for the last two weeks I have had to wake up, have coffee, and either get the backpack blower out if it's dry, or the pressure washer if it's wet. They eat and as they eat , it comes out the other end as little pellets that stick to everything. The township said it will be this year and probably next year as well. At that time they will be able to use crop dusters to spray for these little tyrants and it will be a millage thing. Sorry to rant, but this is getting VERY old. This is a pic of what it is like every morning.

I remember in the early 80s as a kid. There was a horrendous infestation of gypsy moths..there was literally not a leaf left on the trees come august and you couldn't take a step without one splattering under your feet..in eastern Connecticut they have never been like that since.. hate them things

They are starting to wind down as they are running out of food. Next there will be little brown cocoons hanging all over. But I had this scathingly brilliant idea. I'll collect all those cocoons, roast them over charcoal, then set up a roadside stand selling Pupa Poppers.:laughing::laughing:

the ONLY time in my entire life that I witnessed my father get lost was in a biblical gypsy moth hatch in the woods in central northern pa. We were out picking huckleberries when it was just beginning. By the time we realized it was an issue...it was too late. They became so thick it was like being in a white out blizzard. We ending up having to walk for miles until we finally started bumping into changes in land that gave us some clues. Made it out just before dark a mile or so from where the car was parked. Poor pops was sweating trying to figure out how he was gonna explain to mom having to spend the night with 2 children in the middle of no where out of state.....

Back
Top Bottom