• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New guy on the block from Florida.

FlaEastCoast

Hi from East Coast of Central Florida. Bought an EQ 800 and joined the forum to learn more about the hobby. I will be detecting the beaches of the the Treasure and Space coast of Florida. From what I have read on the forum so far, I will be keeping my head and the 800 above the water line.

Glad to see another from the Space Coast on this forum! Im not sure if you are near the Playalinda area but don't go detecting there, it is nationally protected so metal detecting is illegal. Welcome and happy hunting!

Welcome from Ct.
I was down in Fl visiting our daughter in the Sanford Deltona area a few years ago. I used to live there for many years but didn't detect then. I started the hobby here in Ct. and brought the detector on my visit. I thought I'd hit a nice little park near the St Johns river and lake Monroe. Soon as I pulled the detector out and got started a white maintenance truck pulls up and a big boy comes out and says " Unfortunately detecting is not allowed in Volusia County Parks Sir". O !!!!!!! I says as I put the 705 back in the rented SUV. AS a land hunter myself that was very bad news. Spent a couple days on Daytona Beach detecting and ended up with something like 63 cents clad.
chat with the beach hunter guys. that's the best you could do I'd think. Just because I sucked detecting down there does not mean others do poor. People have detected gold coins from the old wrecks off fl. Gary Drayton has made a fortune hunting in Fl. good luck

Back
Top Bottom