Hardest detector to master

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
What detector was the hardest one for you to learn and become proficient with using?

For me it was the 800. I hunted in the 80's with the big clunkers from Garrett and Fisher. Then about 5-6 years ago got the Garrett AT Pro. That was one sweet detector and pretty easy to learn.

So I figure later in Spring 2018 I would buy the much ballyhooed 800.

Tried to learn all the advanced features during the first few months. BIG mistake. Tried to copy everyone else's settings. BIG mistake number two.

Some people can master the controls but you will never master all the different targets and ground conditions and combinations of targets in the ground even if you dig it all there well always be something differnet that you have not heard .
So mastering a detector well not happen you can be good but to master not happening.sube

Some people can master the controls but you will never master all the different targets and ground conditions and combinations of targets in the ground even if you dig it all there well always be something differnet that you have not heard .
So mastering a detector well not happen you can be good but to master not happening.sube

^^^this
Just when you think you’ve got every nuance of your detector figured out it’ll trip you up. Repeat.

My dowsing rods. I still come up empty with those.

I'm old so I don't understand all this tech stuff. I only started in 2019 with a Garrett ACE 400....Then I just sold that about 3 months ago and got the Nox 600.....600 is pretty hard to learn for this old timer but I'm slowly getting there.....The word Master doesn't enter into it....Just getting to set it up is a challenge for me. However I was just at Rehobeth and Lewes Del. for 3 days and had it working pretty good. I'm only good for about 2 hours, then I get a little tired. I found a clad Quarter, clad Rosie, 3 nickels, 7 Mems.
BUT I did find a nice little Sterling bracelet....925......I got real excited when I saw that bracelet in my scoop...not very big but best thing I've found in a while....will try to post pics.....Pete

Oh, and a bunch of bottle caps and junk.....

Bracelet 925.jpg
This is the stuff I just mentioned in my last post
I don't know how to post two pics in one msg. so I have another one coming shortly.

My dowsing rods. I still come up empty with those.
Since there are so many naysayers, I have had positive experiences with dowsing.
We have a friend in his 30's who runs a landscaping business that includes installing French drains and sprinkler systems. I have watched him dowse practically all day on a complex modern yard. He can locate buried phone lines, electric lines and pvc pipe as small as one inch even if there is no water in it. He walks fast and has to have a helper to put the flags down. Drop a plumb line down where his rods cross, dig and the bob will be centered on the line or pipe.
The guy does not call 811 because his dowsing is more accurate than 811.
Your experience with dowsing may be different but I have observed it with my own eyes over a long period of time with this one guy and I am a believer.

Fisher F75. I couldn't get that thing to stop chattering for nothing. I finally gave up. I don't like a noisy detector.

I also had a time with the Minelab E-Trac. Not so much setting it up, but learning the language and the key of swinging it slowly.

For me, many moons ago. I met my match with a Garrett Master Hunter. Lessor moons ago it was a Fisher CZ-21. Either this CZ-21 was broken, or it was speaking an alien language. However in the last decade, all has been well!

Fisher F75. I couldn't get that thing to stop chattering for nothing. I finally gave up. I don't like a noisy detector.

I also had a time with the Minelab E-Trac. Not so much setting it up, but learning the language and the key of swinging it slowly.

I hated the f75 for the same reason.

Back
Top Bottom