Hardest detector to master

Bracelet #2.jpg
I asked this before when I posted this pic and nobody answered me.
It is marked 925FAS inside it. I know 925 is supposed to be sterling silver but what does the FAS behind the number mean ?? Also does anyone have a link to a list of all the codes like this that they could post ??

Thank you in advance....Pete

View attachment 489615
I asked this before when I posted this pic and nobody answered me.
It is marked 925FAS inside it. I know 925 is supposed to be sterling silver but what does the FAS behind the number mean ?? Also does anyone have a link to a list of all the codes like this that they could post ??

Thank you in advance....Pete

Pete,
925 means 92.5% silver. This FAS mark represents Fused Alloy Silver which means that, the particular piece of sterling silver jewelry has been infused with an alloy. I just googled it. No such list that I know of for all jewelry markings.

Steve

The Blisstool.
It can trip up anyone who hasn't read the manual a dozen times and understands each controls functions and how they interact with each other to get the best performance for your particular conditions.

Basically you are doing all the work manually in fine detail that a modern day digital computer processor does for you automatically.

I have found this detector, like many others have , easier to understand and use once you master the controls. It can be a turn on and go machine.

The Blisstool V5 with the smaller 7x9 coil is my favorite analog detector to detect with that has no LCD display screen.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 300
One of my first detectors was a Teknetics 9000B, It had an audio setting invented by George Payne. (He invented both the Audio and Target IDs). It was my first detector with an audio ID. It had a different pitch for every object detected and it was driving me crazy. I was about ready to get rid of it and suddenly one day everything clicked and it all made sense. It turned out to be ny favorite detector of all time. I wish they still used that audioID on todays detectors.

Back
Top Bottom