Pocket Knife-in your pocket [Yes or No]

Tinhorn3

My Grandpa carried one, my Dad did & ME Too [my Wife does occasionally] but I see a lot of guys Don't. The other day a friend borrowed mine to open a bag ???? he said he never did

who don't and who do, just curious

I do on occassion, but I used to work in a location where it was prohibited to carry one, so I don't like having to worry about carrying things that I may or may not be able to take home with me at the end of the day.

Always. The one I have had for the last 20 yrs. is a fancy one, Damascus steel, burnt bone and hand filed frame. I think about how upset I would be to lose it whenever I dig up a pocket knife and think about who may have lost it. Good topic. Mark

Just like the American Express
I don’t leave home with out it!
These day I just carrie a cheap utility blade
Because I need it razor sharp for work.
I haven’t been metal detecting for long but I have found several knifes also.

Never really have, though with the world today, it would probably be a good idea. Only problem is, probably not the smartest idea to bring a knife to a gun fight. More people carry firearms now then ever before I'm sure, whether legally or illegally. I would imagine theres probably twice the amount (if not more) illegal carriers than legal. Welcome to 'murica! :laughing:

If I’m working around the yard, I often carry a Leatherman multi-tool on my belt.

In my “fannypack” that I carry while detecting, I have a cheaper version multi tool along with my spare battery pack and a few misc odds and ends. Never know when you’ll have to do a field repair on your detector :(

But, in the watch pocket of my jeans, I usually have a compact, “slide-to-open” single blade freebie promotional knife with the Whites Electronics logo and name on it. I think they were handed out at club hunts with other freebies from Whites (2-part aprons, ground cloths, etc). Comes in handy almost every day.

I usually carry a Leatherman when working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

I always used to carry my Leatherman Wave in a leather pancake sheath on my belt, right side. Then I got my CCW, and dang if I don't want to feel like Batman with all this stuff on my belt. So I put the Leatherman aside. Didn't take long to realize how useful it was and decided I had to have it on me regardless. So I just bought the pocket clip and am going to try that. I may just end up using a different sheath, one that clips on so I don't have to thread it through the belt. But I realized I must have it on me always too....

Everyday. I sort of collect pocket knives, so I change out my carry knife frequently. I have (roughly) 100 or so pocket knives. Lately I've been carrying the "farmer" (Alox Swiss Army knife).

I still have the first knife I bought some 50 years ago. I don't carry it though - it's going to my grandson when he is the appropriate age.

I'm glad people carry pen knives. My best find this year was a knife at the beach. Sold it on Craigslist for $70.

Every day. Usually more than one I keep a razor for work (construction) and a leatherman.

I had a captain back when I fished who who had to keep telling the other crew member to carry one (for safety on the boat). We got back to town and went out for a drink. We sat down and the capt said let's see your knife. He didn't have one and got fired on the spot.

Every day. Usually more than one I keep a razor for work (construction) and a leatherman.

I had a captain back when I fished who who had to keep telling the other crew member to carry one (for safety on the boat). We got back to town and went out for a drink. We sat down and the capt said let's see your knife. He didn't have one and got fired on the spot.
I hope the guy that was canned got a nice payday. He wasn't on the boat...

Yup, I always have one in my fannypack that goes with me everywhere. Keys, wallet, phone, knife. Don't leave home without those essentials. On my dive belt for water detecting there is also always a knife. You never know when you'll need it. Always better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

I hope the guy that was canned got a nice payday. He wasn't on the boat...

The skipper was definitely an unfriendly sort and I agree it shouldn't have happened that way necessarily. However, after being asked to carry a knife over and over again while being on deck and those demands falling on deaf ears...bound to happen. I think he did it at the pub in case there was a scrap so it DIDNT happen on the boat. No hr department in that field:lol:

Yes.

I always used to carry my Leatherman Wave in a leather pancake sheath on my belt, right side. Then I got my CCW, and dang if I don't want to feel like Batman with all this stuff on my belt. So I put the Leatherman aside. Didn't take long to realize how useful it was and decided I had to have it on me regardless. So I just bought the pocket clip and am going to try that. I may just end up using a different sheath, one that clips on so I don't have to thread it through the belt. But I realized I must have it on me always too....

I gave up on the sheath and bought a clip too. I won't be going back.

Back
Top Bottom