First Seated coin

longbow62

Forum Supporter
A a digging buddy of mine who goes by hilltopdoc on here has been hitting an old public area and getting some silver. It has been very hot and dry this summer so in order to not damage the grass to bad he has been hitting the spot selectively. Cherry picking and not digging many holes per outing. He has gotten some silver for his trouble. He got his first Seated coin ever this past Sunday. A Seated quarter at that. Congrats Jeff those are tough to get!

Photos are from multiple hunts at the site.

Attachments

• jeff5.jpg
    jeff5.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 394
  • jeff4.jpg
    jeff4.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 375
  • jeff1a.jpg
    jeff1a.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 394
  • jeff3.jpg
    jeff3.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 399
  • jeff2.jpg
    jeff2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 398
  • jeff6.jpg
    jeff6.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 381
Congrats on your friend finding his first seated. Was he using a nox, deus or something else?

Congrats to you bud on the seated quarter Longbow. A seated has been # 1 on my list going on 4 years now. Looks like a nice Barber quarter in the pics also. Some fine saves there. Good luck, Mark

its me! i have issues with posting photos on my MacBook. ill let longbow62 post them. this is a local courthouse lawn. i found the barber and other silvers there. we think i also found a totally roached out shield nickel. the EMI was bothersome with the ctx3030 so i ground balanced and restarted it. the signal was scratchy at best but reproducible. i quit as soon as i found it as i knew i wouldn't better the days find. i also picked up some clad and a 1927 wheat. i can't wait to return.

Very nice. It was my top goal last year and I'm still on the hunt for one. I'm detecting a property that has as good of a chance as any of giving one up.

Back
Top Bottom