Very first try metal detecting

Shumi

Greetings from Bavaria!
Just got addicted by this hobby too, excited to share my first experience with Minelab CTX 3030 and our very first finds in Augsburg area:) Can't wait to go again.

https://youtu.be/m_nR4kzb5Bo

Regarding all the cautions (legal talk) starting at 1:44 -ish : I can totally understand why they do this (of course). Telling their viewers all the "things to be aware of" blah blah. And go on to show confusing maps, and citing various govt. archie agencies, etc.... They DO say that it's "better than the rest of Germany", but then go on to cite all sort of dire stuff (eg.: "alert people if you find old stuff", blah blah)

I can only imagine, that within 10 yrs., places like this , where metal detectors might still be a fairly new novelty, will eventually be riddled with rules and "no's". Why ? Because people watch videos like this, get confused with all the dire stuff , and rush to govt. offices asking "Can I ?". And it will only be a matter of time, before all these "pressing questions" land on the desks of purist archies there.

If it were me, and I was (as they themselves say here) on private land, then quite frankly: It's totally between me and farmer Bob what is on his land. Why are people so hell-bent on swatting hornet's nests all the time ? :no:

Welcome to the forum!

Despite splitting my cargo pants and having a sore back today, I enjoyed my first hunt yesterday 🙂

Prost! Lassen Sie sich nicht entmutigen. Es ist die Jagd, auf die es ankommt.Wenn du etwas Gutes bekommst, macht es es einfach besser. Ich war zweimal in Deutschland und einmal in der Nähe von Hohenfels. Ich wünschte, ich hätte den Metalldetektor dort sicher schwenken können, aber es war keine Zeit. Filmen Sie weiter und zeigen Sie uns den Zahltag!

Back
Top Bottom