Well it looked good in the hole :(

stetam

Elite Member
Yesterday on a whim decided to try and hit the local fenced in pool that I have exclusive permission to detect. It did not open this year due to covid so dry round spots are not a problem. On the way there I stopped at a neighbors 1800's farm house. Was there 1/2 hour, dug two holes and pulled a 1909 IHP and a 1920 Buffalo. :yes:

On to the pool. Decided to leave the Nox at home and use the Vanquish with it's small coil. The targets are literary 1 foot or less apart within the fence. Ran it in jewelry mode and dug a lot. As you can see I loaded up in clad but can't pass those penny signals. I have been there three times before and dug a couple hundred coins, 4 silver rings, a GF faux diamond ring and numerous bracelets and chains. Still, I know there is gold there. Started off digging a nice sterling necklace, then a silver ring. About an hour later I get a strong 19-20 signal 8" down. I dig the plug and all I see is gold. Yes, got my 3rd god ring! I remove the ring from the plug, clean the inside and see 18K.... but plated. My quest continues.

This morning, once again not intending to go out hit up the 1850's orphanage I have been at lately. No coins today but pulled up the sweet Civil War Infantry button with much guilding left as well as 2 neckerchief slides and an aluminum vicks case.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_2809.jpg
    IMG_2809.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_2820.jpg
    IMG_2820.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_2814.jpg
    IMG_2814.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_2816.jpg
    IMG_2816.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2810.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_2821.jpg
    IMG_2821.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 511
Yeah seeing that gold in the ground woulda got my heart pumping. Sorry to hear its plated Steve but still a cool find. Looks like you had a killer day with a great mixed bag hunt. Congrats on all levels, coins, jewelry and the awesome button. Good luck, Mark

Nice going. You HAVE to dig all those pennies because trust me there is plenty of goodies there waiting on you. I've told you before that I have been hunting our local pool for quite a few years now and it has been hunted to death way before me. But this spring I pulled my 13th gold ring from there. It was masked with iron, there was a nail on top of it. So you see you kinda have to dig it all, and when you start peeling the layers back, the good stuff is gonna start showing up. I'd keep at it as long as you can because old man winter will be here before you know it. Good luck and keep us posted.

That button is pretty damn cool! Like the necklace/pendant and silver ring too! Bummer on the “gold” - this year may well end up being my first gold less but hopefully there’s a ring out there waiting for me. Did you find the knife too - looks nice of so. The IHP (another coin of many I’ve yet to dig) and the Buff are icing on the hunt.

Back
Top Bottom