A newbie that's getting back in

Choatecav

Hello everyone.

I just joined your forum and I am very excited about learning from all of you and your experiences.

I just retired (after 41 years) a couple of months ago and want to get back into this fascinating hobby. I owned a Whites detector back in the early nineties but had "too many irons in the fire" to give it due attention so my experiences were minimal. With technology what it is today, I am looking to select a new
detector and get back in. Right now I am leaning towards the Minelab Equinox 600 or 800. We shall see.

Thanks,
Mark Choate

I would agree that someone with limited experience would find the Equinox to be a good choice. Price is right, good performance, wide variety of adjustments when needed, fairly light…it’s something that covers ALOT of bases. Is it the only choice? Of course not, but it will do a “beginner” very well.

Welcome to the forum! I'm still pretty new at detecting, but I've been hunting with the 800 for just over a year and I love it. There are plenty of settings that an advanced user can tweak if they want, but the Equinox is also a solid machine with the default settings for newer users.

:fmdfwelcome: Thanks for joining us! We look forward to hearing about your adventures as you get back into the hobby. :grin:

Welcome from Michigan. I have a 600 but I really can't give you any advice since I just bought mine a month ago and with our winter months, metal detecting is out of the picture. Good luck with your decision and I'm sure you will find PLENTY of help on here with what ever detector you buy.

Welcome back to the hobby and also welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh, Pa. If you decide on an Equinox I would recommend the 800. As you learn it will give you room to grow with the additional settings it has over the 600. Also if your a veteran Minelab offers a 15% discount for all vets. Good luck, Mark

I gotta say that I am impressed with the number of welcome messages that y'all have sent in. Very considerate, indeed and I look forward to being a part of the group.

Back
Top Bottom