Finally pulled the trigger. 10x5 coiltek for the nox en route. Can’t wait.

DiggingThePNW

Forum Supporter
Hopefully it will ship since in stock. Even though it says pre order. I plan to run this everywhere except fields.

6DD06223-3BE6-4B1F-9C3F-CFB424016BA3.jpeg

If the name of the item includes the term "PRE ORDER ONLY", and the description says...
PRE ORDER ONLY! No time frame for shipment! This allows you to get your order in and reserve your coil from our first shipments. We have NO ESTIMATED SHIP DATES!
then I would not expect it to ship immediately.

I use the 10x5 when I’m hunting parks, I never use my 6 inch anymore. I find it has very good separation in trashy areas and I can cover more ground.

By the looks of your receipt, I think I bought mine from the same seller. Mine was ordered on 10/3 and I received it on 12/31. Hopefully you don't have to wait that long.

Unfortunately we've had crummy weather since the day after mine showed up, so I've only had a couple hours to play with it. :crying: That said, I already prefer it to the 6 inch coil.

Too bad we cannot purchase a detector without a coil and buy the specific coil we want. That is generally how it is with camera bodies and lenses.

Congrats. I love mine. Its proven itself time and time again pulling stuff out of spots I've pounded with the 6" and the 11". And its deep for a small coil.

By the looks of your receipt, I think I bought mine from the same seller. Mine was ordered on 10/3 and I received it on 12/31. Hopefully you don't have to wait that long.

Unfortunately we've had crummy weather since the day after mine showed up, so I've only had a couple hours to play with it. :crying: That said, I already prefer it to the 6 inch coil.

I guess I will assume same delay. Damn international shipping to distributors

I was about to ask where you found one in stock, and then saw the invoice. I don't think they're in stock anywhere.

Looks like BBH aka Bart’s site (?)

I want one but Fna the price just makes me scratch my head a bit. I have the 6 and 15 (which is almost always on) so… I dunno…

Nice! Let us know how you like it, although Jl1252's endorsement is all i would need to convince me to put it on my wish list. Some day!

It arrives today. I will give it a whirl in the coin garden before hitting a site I have pounded pretty hard tomorrow. Will let you all know how it pans out.

Serious Detecting has them. Just ordered and it is shipping today. Paid a little more but it is on its way.

I noticed yesterday they listed a batch of them on their website and on Ebay, so I ordered one. I've always felt like there was a gap between the 6" and the standard coil.

I noticed yesterday they listed a batch of them on their website and on Ebay, so I ordered one. I've always felt like there was a gap between the 6" and the standard coil.

Excellent. I went out to the garden. I have multiple targets at multiple depths. My quarter at 8” with 4 nails in the hole was a lot louder and didn’t seem to grab the nail at all as to with my stock coil it wasn’t as loud or clean if that makes sense. Tomorrow I will try it at a place close to home as I am still a little sick. Next weekend I will be out with my hunting partner at the Morgan site and an old abandoned amphitheater that has tons of trash and brush. That will be the real test. I am pretty sure this is going to be a go to coil for me unless I am in a field.

Excellent. I went out to the garden. I have multiple targets at multiple depths. My quarter at 8” with 4 nails in the hole was a lot louder and didn’t seem to grab the nail at all as to with my stock coil it wasn’t as loud or clean if that makes sense. Tomorrow I will try it at a place close to home as I am still a little sick. Next weekend I will be out with my hunting partner at the Morgan site and an old abandoned amphitheater that has tons of trash and brush. That will be the real test. I am pretty sure this is going to be a go to coil for me unless I am in a field.

It looks like it'll be a couple of weeks before I can get back to my permission. I feel like it'll be the go-to coil for this permission in particular. It's a large home with lots of perimeter, walkways and features that need careful attention. Plus, I've found two areas away from the main home where I think there were 1800s or earlier structures. Lots of square nails and old brick in the dirt. As long as I'm finding coins and relics from the 1800s at 4-8 inches, which I have, I'm not too worried about going after maximum depth. However, sometimes my brain and ears need a break and it's nice to throw on a big coil just for coverage (not depth) and go over an area again from a different direction.

That sounds like an ideal area for it. I have a feeling it’s gonna be sniffing out some missed stuff. Well I hope anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom