Curse of Oak Island - Season 8

KenG

I almost hate to be the one to bring this up knowing there’s a lot of folks that hate this show. Season 8 kicks off tomorrow night and I’ll be watching. I don’t know if there is treasure to be found but I enjoy watching the hunt for it. I consider it for entertainment and it is entertaining to me. Gary Drayton certainly adds something to the show for me with his “top pocket” finds and “Bobby Dazzlers”. LOL

My wife told me the other night she saw the previews and it looks like they find something this year! I laughed and said the previews have made it look like they find the key to the treasure every episode. I do hope they find something of historical value even if it is not templar treasure.

Cheers,
Ken

The last episode I saw (I'm not a frequent watcher) they were talking about Shakespeare's plays preserved in mercury, and supposedly found some parchment to support this theory. However, if they found parchment, doesn't that mean that these manuscripts have decayed to shards and are NOT preserved? They said something about high levels of mercury, but that is more commonly used in mining than in manuscript preservation. Nothing I've seen has convinced me to be a full-time viewer.

-- Tom

I watched the 1st 1.5 seasons thinking they might actually find the treasure. I don't know how long the show has been running since. I gave up. But this last weekend I caught the tail end of a show. The body language and the way they all look at each other while at the table is very telling. They don't believe it themselves. They know it's all for the show. Look at their eyes. I've found more coins and jewelry on the beach this year alone then they have found in total. And I've certainly spent far less getting it.

The only treasure is the cash these guys are duping out of the network to produce this fantasy show. How many times can you dig holes on your property and claim there's treasure buried there when none is ever found in 150 years of digging?

Could it be pirate treasure? Doubtful. Could it be a Ark of the Covenant? Are you serious? Could it be Shakespeare's lost manuscript? Get real. Could it be total BS? Yup.

I confess I enjoy the show; even Gary has grown on me! lol

I doubt they will ever find the treasure and I think they leave out alot of research that does not support their narrative...

All that said, I still enjoy the show as entertainment, I just don't take it too seriously...

....I doubt they will ever find the treasure ......

The treasure ? What treasure ? :?:

I watched the 1st 1.5 seasons thinking they might actually find the treasure. ....

Might actually find "the treasure" ? What treasure ?

... I don’t know if there is treasure to be found ...

You don't know ? It's easy to "know" : FreeBird Tom nailed it on the head :

.... Could it be total BS? Yup.

There's not a thing on that show (and the story of the last 150 yrs.), that I could EQUALLY spin about my own back yard in Monterey, CA. Yup, with all the convincing mysterious "evidence", conjectures, symbols, history, etc.....

Yup, some kids saw mysterious lights, as recorded in a history book here. Spain was exploring my coast, and stopped at Monterey bay as early as 1602 (and no doubt had a treasure to bury, right ?). And there are mysterious uncanny shapes in my backyard (the paver stones around our gold fish pond, the square shapes of our fence planks, etc....). And a curious depression exists back there ! (the results of the septic tank work we repaired there a few years ago). I also found a curious square nail in my backyard !! :shock:

Throw in a few cliff-hangers, and freemasons, and presto, you can't deny it ! Your human nature won't let you 'diss it. "Lest you be left out" and "lest they laugh at you all the way to the bank".

So we all put critical thinking aside, and tend to believe these lores w/o considering all the more plausible explanations. Here's a funny video for y'all :D :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqSFTfKeU_U

Tom,

I suppose a lot depends on how central finding the "treasure" is to the person watching?

Personally, I enjoy them uncovering the history of the island and the history of previous searches...I enjoy watching the heavy engineering, the technology, plus the archaeology..

When they bring in the various experts with new usually outlandish theories, it makes me smile

So to me, the presence of any treasure on the island really is moot to my enjoyment of the show...

Regards

Peter

Those Templars were so clever. :roll:

Yup. The more that no one ever finds the (supposed) "it" , then that's all-the-MORE-proof that it is most assuredly there. Right ? Because that only means the Templars (masons, pirates, etc.... take your pick) were just that clever ! (Durned them Templars anyhow, eh ?)

Hence the lack of finding anything *MERELY* means: A little more to the right. A little more to the left. A little deeper. At NO point does the lack of finding anything ever mean: "Nothing's there". It only ever means all-the-more-certainty that something's there ! :laughing:

Last edited:
Funny video Tom ! The show I was watching they had a map of all these small circles of where they had drilled. Painstaking research went into this target area. There were some spots on this map in between the shaded circles where they had dug. Then some genius says , maybe we need to drill these 20'x20' areas because it could be there ! Yeah...you missed it by that much....🤣

I believe if anything even remotely exciting is ever found there, you would hear about it in the news looong before the episode airs. That means that, until that time, every episode will just be more 'ooooh, it's a 16th century nail'. No matter what the previews or cliffhangers show.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I believe if anything even remotely exciting is ever found there, you would hear about it in the news looong before the episode airs. That means that, until that time, every episode will just be more 'ooooh, it's a 16th century nail'. No matter what the previews or cliffhangers show.

100% true! No way to keep something that big a secret. Plus I'm a freemason so I assume I would get a letter asking for a special donation since we are losing our treasure. :laughing: I'll still watch because I like it better than other junk on TV.

If there was anything there that Samuel Ball guy got it all. From cabbage farmer former slave to basically a millionaire. It doesn’t add up. Unless he was selling organic cabbage to Whole Foods.

Could it be....This season I will watch it and not feel like putting my hands around the announcers neck and squeezing like real hard?
Probably not, the expensive machines they bring in to find the treasure that isn't there anymore can be cool, though.

It's like an endless click bait of monotonous BS . It should be required viewing as a punishment for undesirables such as telemarketers and other vermin .:hornetsnest:

The treasure for those guys is the money they make per episode. Most of those type shows pay $35,000 per show, per main character. If something had been found there you would have heard it thru the news by now.

Yup. The more that no one ever finds the (supposed) "it" , then that's all-the-MORE-proof that it is most assuredly there. Right ? Because that only means the Templars (masons, pirates, etc.... take your pick) were just that clever ! (Durned them Templars anyhow, eh ?)

Hence the lack of finding anything *MERELY* means: A little more to the right. A little more to the left. A little deeper. At NO point does the lack of finding anything ever mean: "Nothing's there". It only ever means all-the-more-certainty that something's there ! :laughing:

I want to know what they are going to plant this year :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom