I just invented a magnet that can attract copper, silver and gold...

Max houser

:lol: well not really... but as a kid i was always told that anything imagined can become reality! wouldn't it be nice to drag a magnet over a farm field and have it full of old coins? or go to a park that prohibits the use of metal detectors and set your magnet down and just walk along while you hear clink, clink, clink....

At the park down the street from me, I would be worried about all the used needles that would be on the magnet.

-- Tom

:lol: well not really... but as a kid i was always told that anything imagined can become reality! wouldn't it be nice to drag a magnet over a farm field and have it full of old coins? or go to a park that prohibits the use of metal detectors and set your magnet down and just walk along while you hear clink, clink, clink....

Taking that semi-seriously for a moment...maybe there's a type of particle field you could irradiate the field with which would temporarily agitate certain types of metal severely polarizing it...and it would become momentarily attracted another substance long enough to use that substance to draw it out of the ground. Then again, maybe such a theoretical particle field would kill every living in that field too, soooo.... :roll:

My nearby metal detector shop carries some kind of magnet gizmo that in theory separates black sand from gold.

My nearby metal detector shop carries some kind of magnet gizmo that in theory separates black sand from gold.

Most black sands are magnetic minerals such as magnetite and ilmenite, so any strong magnet, especially the new neodymium ones will work for that job. The big problem is to keep the magnet clean. But it is still just a magnet.

At the park down the street from me, I would be worried about all the used needles that would be on the magnet.

-- Tom

Must be some classy drug addicts out your way to be using gold and silver syringes :laughing: a silver and gold magnet would be awesome, but not sure you can change physics. What do I know though, I'm just a custodian :lol:

Most black sands are magnetic minerals such as magnetite and ilmenite, so any strong magnet, especially the new neodymium ones will work for that job. The big problem is to keep the magnet clean. But it is still just a magnet.

Place the magnet in a plastic bag. When finished just peel the bag away leaving a clean magnet.

Back
Top Bottom