• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nokta Impact

drsmithtft

Forum Supporter
I am looking at the Nokta Impact and was wondering if any of you used these detectors and your opinion of them. I will mainly just be doing coin and relic hunting around parks and fields and such. Thanks

I've owned one for years and love it.
It's so versatile. I've got the little DD football coil, a 7" concentric, and the 13" MARS Discovery.

With 12 different modes, customizable audio tones, and 3 frequencies it's like having many detectors in one.

Fantastic build quality too.

impact

I swing an impct and would highly recommend same.Impact blew my safari away,ended up selling safari.

Last edited:
Impat setup

I am having a hard time trying to set up the new Impact. Any advice on settings? It is very noisy and the ID bounces all over the place. It has a lot more bells and whistles than what I am used to using.

DI3 is what I used most of the time. I also used 14kHz pretty much exclusively. Dirtfishing on Youtube has a setting up Impact for coin hunting tutorial. It worked for me. That little football shaped elliptical is killer in trashy places.

Read your manual, then read it again.

It does have features, but they make it great.

I could NEVER run mine in my house to test. Too much EMI.

If you're getting EMI outside, don't forget you can also do a slight frequency shift. A small adjustment to help, not a big change from 5, 14, or 20 kHz.

There are some locations I simply can't run my 13" coil in 5kHz. Just too much interference. I use a smaller coil and a higher frequency there.

I've owned one for years and love it.
It's so versatile. I've got the little DD football coil, a 7" concentric, and the 13" MARS Discovery.

With 12 different modes, customizable audio tones, and 3 frequencies it's like having many detectors in one.

Fantastic build quality too.

How would you compare the Impact with Anfibio Multi and Multi Kruzer? I take it all 3 have 3 frequencies. Is Impact waterproof like the other two? For some reason I've come across it in forums and on Ebay much less than the others. Price seems to be comparable. I get the impression Anfibio Multi is the highest-end and most sophisticated of the three but i could be wrong.

How would you compare the Impact with Anfibio Multi and Multi Kruzer? I take it all 3 have 3 frequencies. Is Impact waterproof like the other two? For some reason I've come across it in forums and on Ebay much less than the others. Price seems to be comparable. I get the impression Anfibio Multi is the highest-end and most sophisticated of the three but i could be wrong.

I've never swung the Anfibio or Kruzer.

I have owned and used the Impact, Racer 2, and Simplex.
All 3 were enjoyable and effective.

I've never swung the Anfibio or Kruzer.

I have owned and used the Impact, Racer 2, and Simplex.
All 3 were enjoyable and effective.

Ok, got you. Maybe I kind of take it for granted that most people here are infinitely more experienced than I am with these newer detectors. It crossed my mind that you might have done some research in your purchases that taught you a thing or two about Kruzer since you seem to be a Nokta/Makro fan like me. The Gold Kruzer is the only Nokta/Makro I've owned and I've only had it for about 6 weeks...and only been actually using it about two weeks. I decided to break in my Tesoro first and just focused on that for awhile. I just started swinging the Gold Kruzer in places that I already swung my Tesoro Bandido so I can compare effectiveness. The Gold Kruzer definitely has a slight edge in finding valuable metals faster.

In attempt to get back into the hobby after two years without one, I suddenly went bonkers and bought three in one month. Now I'm taking a look at what I have and what I want. I want my next detector to be on par with the Gold Kruzer but a little more generalized and preferably waterproof. I'm trying to compare all these similarly priced models based on what people say, not what companies say.

I really like the Fisher F19 but I wanted more functionality than the F19 could provide, so I got the Impact. I mostly run it in 20kHz, Deep mode, with a high tone notch. This gives me the adjustable tone break I liked in the F19, along with the VCO audio I liked for non-ferrous, along with the added UMPH that the Deep mode provides.

But it also gave me the ability to add a high tone segment for the high conductors. I tend to disc out iron, adjust my tone break where I want the low tone/VCO tone break to reside, then notch out high conductors. Then I go and change the Ferrous tone to N5 and change the tone pitch to the highest tone, which gives the notched out section a high tone.

I basically get two tone breaks. Low/VCO and VCO/High tone. Works for me.

Regards the Gold Kruzer....I pretty much only use it in Micro and/or Deep mode for chains hunting. You really need to get some samples to see how deep into the iron range you have to set your disc to hit good on the gold chains. I wish it had notch but since it doesn't you use the tone break and disc to make your audio notch. Learn not to listen to the screamers but the targets you really want to hear.

On both of these detectors, learn the sensitivity control and how to use it to "hear" target size.

Both are good detectors. I've been looking at the Gold Racer, wondering if I need those tone breaks. Dunno yet....I do like the coil selection of the Gold Racer as I'd like a little larger coil.

Good luck
Have FUN!

Back
Top Bottom