• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Football Teams

Coinboy

Elite Member
What’s everyone’s favorite football team? Mine is the Green Bay Packers. GO PACK GO!!!

Being originally from Baltimore, Maryland my favorite team is the Ravens.
___________ field-goal-animated.gif _______________ american-football65.gif

Grew up in Detroit but the Lions mostly sucked.
The first game I ever sat down in front of the tv and watched in its entirety was when I was 12 and it was the notorious ice bowl where I became a big fan of the Packers and especially Bart Starr after his quarterback sneak on an icy 13 degrees below zero field to win the game and the championship.
He instantly became my childhood hero, I followed and cheered for Green Bay for years after that.
40 years later I found myself living in Hoover Alabama and I owned a retail store where Cherry Starr, his wife, happened to be one of my customers for a few years.
Together with her husband these were two of the most nicest, humble, unselfish giving people that ever walked on this planet.
One day they were both visiting another store in my small strip mall buying a ton of birdseed that they used to feed all the birds on their property and I saw him with her and froze.
I gathered up my nerve and walked over to them to say hello...something I had never done to any other celebrity before in my life.
I was shaking, it is rare when you actually get a chance to meet a childhood hero and I stammered hello, told him my name and stuck out my hand and said to him I had been a huge fan of his since the day I saw him score on that cold day in 1967.
He smiled, warmly greeted me and shook my hand and thanked me for being a fan.
I can still remember that moment to this day like it just happened.
He said he didn't have any with him at the moment but would I like an autographed picture of him and of course I was shocked and said sure.
A few days later a beautiful 8X10 pic showed up in my mail that was signed personally to me.
I almost cried when I saw and held it.

I have had and owned some cool things in my life but nothing comes close to this precious posession...nothing ever will.
Probably worth a few bucks, more so after he passed away, but I will own it until the day that I die.
You just never give up things that represent one of the greatest experiences and memories in your life.

Last edited:
Grew up in Detroit but the Lions mostly sucked.
The first game I ever sat down in front of the tv and watched in its entirety was when I was 12 and it was the notorious ice bowl where I became a big fan of the Packers and especially Bart Starr after his quarterback sneak on an icy 13 degrees below zero field to win the game and the championship.
He instantly became my childhood hero, I followed and cheered for Green Bay for years after that.
40 years later I found myself living in Hoover Alabama and I owned a retail store where Cherry Starr, his wife, happened to be one of my customers for a few years.
Together with her husband these were two of the most nicest, humble, unselfish giving people that ever walked on this planet.
One day they were both visiting another store in my small strip mall buying a ton of birdseed that they used to feed all the birds on their property and I saw him with her and froze.
I gathered up my nerve and walked over to them to say hello...something I had never done to any other celebrity before in my life.
I was shaking, it is rare when you actually get a chance to meet a childhood hero and I stammered hello, told him my name and stuck out my hand and said to him I had been a huge fan of his since the day I saw him score on that cold day in 1967.
He smiled, warmly greeted me and shook my hand and thanked me for being a fan.
I can still remember that moment to this day like it just happened.
He said he didn't have any with him at the moment but would I like an autographed picture of him and of course I was shocked and said sure.
A few days later a beautiful 8X10 pic showed up in my mail that was signed personally to me.
I almost cried when I saw and held it.

I have had and owned some cool things in my life but nothing comes close to this precious posession...nothing ever will.
Probably worth a few bucks, more so after he passed away, but I will own it until the day that I die.
You just never give up things that represent one of the greatest experiences and memories in your life.

Wow what an awesome story. My grandpa knew him too, he has a signed picture. One of the nicest guys he ever met.

Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re going to the super bowl. Lol. We won’t make it past the first round not the way they are plying anyway.

Is the NFL still a thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swore to myself I wasn't going to watch another game ever since players started taking a knee and got political with it. For the most I part I stuck to that and have barely watched any games this year but still find myself keeping track of the results of the games even if the tv isn't on.

I swore to myself I wasn't going to watch another game ever since players started taking a knee and got political with it. For the most I part I stuck to that and have barely watched any games this year but still find myself keeping track of the results of the games even if the tv isn't on.

Yeah that really bothered me... But I’m too big a fan of the Packers to stop watching. I used to watch most games but now i only watch the packers.

I cut the cord here so I’m clueless. I do like college ball though.

Regardless of how my favorite NFL team (Ravens) does the rest of this season, now being in South Carolina I also root for the Clemson Tigers college team, their quarterback is projected to be the overall number one NFL draft pick in the upcoming draft.

Got to be America's Team...the Dallas Cowboys! Followed them since his gh school, through the good and the bad years. The last couple of games they been spoiling some folks dreams! :laughing::laughing:

Gotta be honest here I like the QBs like Dalton he’s a gamer IMO. Like Fitzpatrick in Miami too; I think they put rookies in too early these days but with the $ they are on the hook for you know it’s inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born in Detroit......

Anyone can be a Packers fan or a Steelers fan.
That's easy!
Try being a Lions' fan.
In my pre-superbowl youth the Lions were national champs a time or two with quarterbacks with names like Bobby Layne and Tobin Rote.

So the last 65 or so years have been a bit of a dry spell.

As someone wrote of the Chicago Cubs after they finally won a world series...
"Any team can have a bad century".

Once again the NFC least . If Washington wins against the Eagles they take the NFC least. But , there is more to the equation. If Washington loses and Dallas wins , Dallas takes the division. If Washington loses to the Eagles and Dallas loses to the Giants , the Giants take the division. What an equation? Huh ? Anyway , I’m a die hard Cowboys fan that grew up in the 70’s .

Back
Top Bottom