What kind of soda bottle?

I started looking real close for any "ghost writing" like Glasshopper mentioned.
If you hold the bottle toward something dark, with daylight behind you there are a few very dim letters. U p p e r...nothing after that because of scratches in the glass. Below that in smaller letters is "lime-lemon."

Most sodas would say "lemon-lime." Has to be Upper 10!

Thanks for ALL the help! Learned a lot about old brands!

Penny

Great! I was thinking it may have once been painted label that has worn off.
Still, I can't say I've seen an Upper 10 (at least in my experience) that was textured like that. See pic of my "Upper 10" bottle below.

I believe Upper 10 was a Nehi Brand (RC Cola). I think it has been shelved now that RC is owned by Keurig. I could be wrong though, as the soft drink industry has gone through all sorts of turmoil with most brands begging for the few scraps that are left over (market share) by Coke and Pepsi.

Absolutely true, Taht. Nowdays Royal Crown is on its' last legs, a shadow of what it once was. I only have one or two places that I can find it.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 216
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 210
Speaking of RC

When I was young there was nothing quite like an ice-cold RC with some red salted-peanuts dumped in the bottle. I don't know why that combination was so good, but it was amazing.

Back
Top Bottom