• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Jump from Vanquish 540 to Equinox 800

aj0421

Elite Member
Has anyone else made this jump? What learning curve did you experience? Did you hunt a prior area and find anything you missed the first time?

I made this jump yesterday, ordered my Equinox 800 from Jeff at Quality Metal Detectors after he gave me a Awesome deal. I can't wait to try out the new machine!

I did, except I went from a V 540 to a Nox 600. The transition was very easy, IMO. And, yes, the Nox seemed to make old sites come alive again. I like the Vanquish, but I love the Nox.

I did, except I went from a V 540 to a Nox 600. The transition was very easy, IMO. And, yes, the Nox seemed to make old sites come alive again. I like the Vanquish, but I love the Nox.

Yep, same here. 540 to the 600. Overall I love the 600, but will probably move to the 800 for my next detector to get the advanced settings.

The jump was easy really. Pretty much same tones and VDI. Layout of everything is very similar too.

Good luck with the new detector!

Thank you! Just what I was hoping to here. I like the tones of the Vanquish and will like hearing them on the Nox. I am looking forward to having hopefully a little less weight to swing around. Having had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists I don't want to stress any more than I have to.

Thank you! Just what I was hoping to here. I like the tones of the Vanquish and will like hearing them on the Nox. I am looking forward to having hopefully a little less weight to swing around. Having had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists I don't want to stress any more than I have to.

I don't have any problem swinging the 11 inch coil all day, but if you find it to become an issue, take a look at Steve's Detector Rods. They are a great accessory for the Equinox and the optional counterweight will help balance out the detector for you if needed. Steve is a member here and a great guy to deal with. Excellent product. I just put them on mine. I purchased a counterweight ready shaft, but haven't added the weight yet as I have not needed it.

Actually, the Equinox 800 with the 11" coil is heavier than the Vanquish 540 with the V12 coil. 2.8lbs. compared to 2.96lbs. Not much but the ergonomics is different as well...

I don't have any problem swinging the 11 inch coil all day, but if you find it to become an issue, take a look at Steve's Detector Rods. They are a great accessory for the Equinox and the optional counterweight will help balance out the detector for you if needed. Steve is a member here and a great guy to deal with. Excellent product. I just put them on mine. I purchased a counterweight ready shaft, but haven't added the weight yet as I have not needed it.

Thanks, I do plan on getting one of Steve's rods with the counter weight setup.

Actually, the Equinox 800 with the 11" coil is heavier than the Vanquish 540 with the V12 coil. 2.8lbs. compared to 2.96lbs. Not much but the ergonomics is different as well...

I did not know that the Vanquish was heavier. How about the 800 with a carbon shaft?

I did not know that the Vanquish was heavier. How about the 800 with a carbon shaft?

I just stood mine on the shipping scale here in my shop. 2 lbs 13 oz's . Mine has a padded cuff cover and control box cover as well, but running full CF shafts and the 11 inch coil.

I went from At pro to Equinox 800 at first it was hard but once I got used to it then I rarely use my Garrett.
Yes I am finding deeper and more coins masked by junk.

Sorry that is what I meant to say, that the EQ800 is heavier.

With the Equinox I think the ergonomics are more the issue for some people than the weight itself. The last two weekends we have been out swinging for several hours in a large park. On level ground it is no problem for me with the 11 inch coil. Hunting on hills and grades can be a bit more tiring though.

With the Equinox I think the ergonomics are more the issue for some people than the weight itself. The last two weekends we have been out swinging for several hours in a large park. On level ground it is no problem for me with the 11 inch coil. Hunting on hills and grades can be a bit more tiring though.

Oh, I hope it is not an issue for me or I will have to get another Vanquish.:wow:

I got the 800 today and this thing is amazing! I like the ability to noise cancel and ground balance. I got a head start and downloaded the manual and watched youtube videos to get familiar with the buttons. Now all I have to do is learn the numbers, I miss having the icons like the Vanquish has on the display for discrimination.

Back
Top Bottom