detector for husband

Definitely call a sponsor here. They'll give you their best price. I've bought from a couple of them and have been very happy.

Another thought is to see if there's a member here that lives close to you that might be willing to take him out to test a detector. If you were near me, he'd be welcome to try my Nox 800 (too pricey) or my AT-Pro or F2, although none of those are on your short list (the F2 is an older model, the AT-Pro and Nox are out of your price range though)

I'd recommend trying to find someone to go out with him that has some experience to help him learn. A lot of us would be happy to do so.

Oh wow thank you all for your responses! It was very informative and I feel like I just avoided buying a junky detector. I didn't even think about how essential headphones and the other items would be. I have decided to go with the simplex package as it is pretty much near the price I was looking for, and will consider adding on other items as anniversary gifts and such if he really takes to the hobby. Once again, thanks! I will probably end up borrowing and testing out the simplex from him myself as well :D

For his purposes, ease of use for a beginner and detector ability to actually find things...you made a perfect choice. He will enjoy the Simplex, and you might too!

Back
Top Bottom