Detector for my son

I have a son also. We went out tonight and he swung over his first coins. (That we know of) I dug them and pinpointed for him as he’s only 6. The AT Max is a little big for him. Do any detectors come in a more kid friendly size?

I have a son also. We went out tonight and he swung over his first coins. (That we know of) I dug them and pinpointed for him as he’s only 6. The AT Max is a little big for him. Do any detectors come in a more kid friendly size?

Not knowing what size your child is..........
Teknetics/First Texas used to make the Digitek.
Nokta Makro has a new kids detector too.
The Minelab Vanquish 340, 440 or 540 using the 8"or 10" coil is very lightweight and has telescoping shafts. You can even remove the telescoping shaft from the arm cuff and run the main shaft all the way through the control housing and re-attach the arm cuff to the main shaft. It shortens it a lot and makes it a straight shaft child sized detector.

The Nokta Mini Hoard or Midi Hoard might be a good option.

Tomorrow my Vanquish 340 should arrive and I intend to use that with my son who's roughly the same age as your son. But I will use it with a lightened shaft, AAA batteries (assuming they work) and the V8 coil.

I'll report back...whether here or in a separate thread.

Not knowing what size your child is..........
Teknetics/First Texas used to make the Digitek.
Nokta Makro has a new kids detector too.
The Minelab Vanquish 340, 440 or 540 using the 8"or 10" coil is very lightweight and has telescoping shafts. You can even remove the telescoping shaft from the arm cuff and run the main shaft all the way through the control housing and re-attach the arm cuff to the main shaft. It shortens it a lot and makes it a straight shaft child sized detector.

I will try that tomorrow when my 340 arrives.

Thanks!

Please do report back. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are a few pics of the Vanquish 340. It has a V8 coil, 4x AAA Eneloop NiMH batteries, a foam spacer for the arm rest and I've removed the upper shaft (the metal shaft with a cam) and attached the lower plastic shaft directly to the control housing. It's not a perfect, long-term fit, but it's only a few months until my son is able to handle a heavier machine.

The stock 340 with 4x AA NiMH Eneloops and a V10 coil weighed in at 1,218 grams

This set set up is 1,007 grams.

Attachments

• V1.jpg
    V1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 123
  • V2.jpg
    V2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 132
  • V3.jpg
    V3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 159