Grab your opinion stick !!!

A used minelab etrac for both, very hard to beat in that price range, the ID is far superior to an equinox and they are built like tanks.

would have to agree.. just bought a like new one for $700 and sold my NOX 800... no regrets...

I know I'm super late to this, havnt been on in awhile. I have an ace 400, the power button is starting to be finicky so I'm upgrading a little. I like the apex and simplex. I dont like the cheap charging point on the apex and I like all the extras on the simplex. I've heard both have problems with id at certain depths. Just wanted an honest opinion on both. I dont want to jump on the nox bandwagon and I dont want to spend that kind of money either because there are times I dont get to get out and hunt. Im really leaning towards the simplex.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I don't get the chance to detect like I would like to, (That pesky work thing) so I really didn't need to get the Equinox. But it was what I wanted after researching detectors. If money had been the big issue I wouldn't have hesitated to go for the simplex. Just learn whatever you get and you will be fine. By the way, I definitely don't regret getting the Equinox

It's hard to beat the Simplex for the price, my customers are very happy with them and I have one myself.

I have heard this from a more than a few detectorists and youtubers, I don’t know how long the Simplex+ has been in the market, but according to myth and rumor, it has good measurabls especially for the dollars spent.

I have heard this from a more than a few detectorists and youtubers, I don’t know how long the Simplex+ has been in the market, but according to myth and rumor, it has good measurabls especially for the dollars spent.
I think its only been out for a little over a year. And I keep hearing its a huge bang for the buck. Im gonna double down on it and order it. Worse case scenario is I have 2 detectors lol

I think the problem with the AT Pro in this type of comparison is that given the parameters, price indirectly becomes an important factor.

And as good as the AT Pro is, it's not worth it's current asking price.

Right now, the base street price for a new AT Pro is $550 or so. I think most of us can agree that much of that price is for the Garrett name and not it's metal detecting capability.

From a capability perspective, I think the AT Pro should have a base street price of $350 (and as a result, the AT Max should be priced $450). I think many metal detector hobbyists (and not casual consumers) would agree with this overall sentiment. Honestly. I think those prices should be lower, but I know Garrett has great warranty service and their name is worth a premium...although not THAT much of a premium, in my book. Of course, Garrett fully deserves to get very penny they can from the market, so I'm not blaming Garrett for doing this.

Garrett isn't the only company that does thism either. Fisher does it with their higher end detectors, like the F75 (+, Ltd, etc.). The difference is, a used F75 is notably cheaper than a used AT Max (the Garrett rough counterpart to the Fisher F75). This is despite the fact that there are probably far more used AT Maxs on the secondary market than F75.

I think its only been out for a little over a year. And I keep hearing its a huge bang for the buck. Im gonna double down on it and order it. Worse case scenario is I have 2 detectors lol

When you get it, let us know how it works out for you.

Back
Top Bottom