Coronavirus: High risk group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Figures from the Office for National Statistics infection survey for England showed one in 50 people in private households had the virus in the week to January 2."

You can see from the above figures why we have gone back into a national lockdown.

My comment was meant in terms of contagiousness. Your neighbor down the street, or a stranger you come across at the grocery store, can't make you obese, but can give you covid-19.

The overwhelming statistics show that if you were to contract the virus from that stranger, and your health was not already compromised - primarily by an obesity related illness -, you would be in no danger and you would likely have mild to moderate Flu-like symptoms. According to the CDC, the asymptomatic rate is ~20%, so there is a 1 in 5 chance that you would have no symptoms at all.

COVID-19 is a very dangerous respiratory bug to individuals whose health is already compromised. It is not an indiscriminate killer.

Our problem, as a society, is that we now have nearly 43% of people with compromised health, in varying degrees, from obesity.

The overwhelming statistics show that if you were to contract the virus from that stranger, and your health was not already compromised - primarily by an obesity related illness -, you would be in no danger and you would likely have mild to moderate Flu-like symptoms. According to the CDC, the asymptomatic rate is ~20%, so there is a 1 in 5 chance that you would have no symptoms at all.

COVID-19 is a very dangerous respiratory bug to individuals whose health is already compromised. It is not an indiscriminate killer.

Our problem, as a society, is that we now have nearly 43% of people with compromised health, in varying degrees, from obesity.

So the answer folks is stop discriminating and dig every target and do it quick, all those ups and downs will melt away that spare tire, increase the odds of finding that great target you never would of dug previously, and for every pound you lose will lower your chances of contracting covid by about 1%. So get your obese back ends out of the house, enrich yourselves and save the world. :D

So the answer folks is stop discriminating and dig every target and do it quick, all those ups and downs will melt away that spare tire, increase the odds of finding that great target you never would of dug previously, and for every pound you lose will lower your chances of surviving covid by about 1%. So get your obese back ends out of the house, enrich yourselves and save the world. :D

Fixed one word for you, but otherwise the T-Man speaks words of wisdom. :D

Updated 20th January 2021

Today I received my letter offering me the vaccine.

Two ways of booking an appointment, by telephone or via the internet, I chose the internet.

Input various pieces of personal information which then gave me a choice of location with dates and times.

The set up is you book one appointment which then lets you then choose the second one, confirmation by text or email.

Out of the top 5 vulnerable groups I am in group 3, Mrs Doug is in group 4.

....Doug.

Last edited:
Today I received my letter ofering me the vaccine.

Two ways of booking an appointment, by telephone or via the internet, I chose the internet.

Input various pieces of personal information which then gave me a choice of location with dates and times.

The set up is you book one appointment which then lets you then choose the second one, confirmation by text or email.

Out of the top 5 vulnerable groups I am in group 3, Mrs Doug is in group 4.

....Doug.

Good news Doug!

My wife and I are in the 70+ age group plus she is a cancer survivor and we are not yet sure when we will get the vaccines.

Good news Doug!

My wife and I are in the 70+ age group plus she is a cancer survivor and we are not yet sure when we will get the vaccines.

Thank you Ron.

I think we have a long way to go to get to anything near normal.

Yesterday was the highest death rate since the pandemic started, worrying times.

Drastic measures issued last evening by the UK government with most of the UK now on lockdown.

There is a letter on its way from H M Government which will effectively quarantine my wife and I for possibly up to 12 weeks in the home but able to go out for specified reasons laid down by the government.

Age related and underlying health issues puts us both in the high risk group.

Obviously MD'ing will be taking a back seat but seeing some of my finds have been in the ground for thousands of years so 12 weeks will not make much difference!

Stay safe and I will see you the other side.

Doug and Mrs Doug.

"You are strongly advised to stay at home at all times and avoid any face-to-face contact for a period of at least 12 weeks from the day you receive your letter.

Please note that this period of time could change."

So this means that for 12 weeks (84 days) you should stay home and avoid contact....but on the 85th day it's suddenly OK to go outside your home. Has the virus gone on vacation somewhere? Or....will there be further lockdown orders issued by then? Total insanity.......

So this means that for 12 weeks (84 days) you should stay home and avoid contact....but on the 85th day it's suddenly OK to go outside your home. Has the virus gone on vacation somewhere? Or....will there be further lockdown orders issued by then? Total insanity.......

Your life your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom