• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Metal Detection Service in Indianapolis?

mrkuntz

Hello,
I'm hoping you may be able to point me to a metal detecting service in Indianapolis. I was clearing limbs/debris following the weekend's high winds caused by the remnants of hurricane Ike, and realized that my platinum wedding band was no longer on my finger! :shock: I've retraced my steps and attempted to locate the ring without any luck. I'm sure the ring is in my yard (somewhere!).

Alternatively, if I were to purchase a metal detector, is there a particular entry level model that is better suited to detect platinum?

I appreciate any advice you can offer!
Many thanks,
Matt

Nasty luck... hope you find someone locally to help you out.. should be easy to find (unless it caught on a branch and went with it)... Good luck, RickO

Here are the MD clubs listed in Carol's list. Perhaps they can help.

Down 'n Dirty Diggers Georgetown IN 47122

Miami Valley Coin and Relic Hunters Club Leo IN 46765

DUH-TEKTORS of NW Indiana Northern Indiana Research and Recovery Society North Webster IN 46555 www.duhtektorsnwi.ning.com/

Three Rivers Treasure Club Princeton IN 47670

Also, try to find a local MD shop. Ours in San Jose is constantly filled with MDers who love a challenge. MD stores are like old time saloons...filled with addicted folks.

Hello,
I'm hoping you may be able to point me to a metal detecting service in Indianapolis. I was clearing limbs/debris following the weekend's high winds caused by the remnants of hurricane Ike, and realized that my platinum wedding band was no longer on my finger! :shock: I've retraced my steps and attempted to locate the ring without any luck. I'm sure the ring is in my yard (somewhere!).

Alternatively, if I were to purchase a metal detector, is there a particular entry level model that is better suited to detect platinum?

Many thanks,
Matt

Just about any cheap detector should hit on platinum as it falls pretty close to the foil range...hopefully your ring didn't get stuck on a branch and you carted it off..

edited to add.. sorry Rick I didn't see we were on the same wave length ;)

I would think that the Ace 150 would work well enough to find a ring on the surface. No need for pinpointing really.

Edit: do we still have an operating map showing the locations of the forum's members?

Thanks for the posts! Since there doesn't seem to be a local MD club, I'll reach out to the local shops and see if they can connect me to an interested person.

I haven't carted the limbs off the property yet just in case the ring is stuck to a branch, so I'm still hopeful that I'll get the ring back.(fingers crossed)

If anyone else out there has suggestions, by all means keep 'em coming!

Best regards,
Matt

I wouldn't mow the lawn, wouldn't want to hear that sound of metal getting sucked up into the blade then being shot out of the deck at high speed.

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune Matt (especially with the price of platinum!). I hope one of the local clubs can help. One option might even be to rent a detector? The guy I bought my Tesoro from actually rents them as well. I wish you the very best of luck though in finding it!

Hello,

Many thanks,
Matt

Did you ever find the ring?!

Back
Top Bottom