For You Smokers Who Want To Quit

Hey all. Its been one year since I quit smoking. I don't miss them at all. Vaping has helped me kick that 25 year habit. Thanks Clint, for showing us the way! How is everyone else doing with this endeavor?

Its been over 2 years for me I quit cold turkey on my daughters 2nd bday I tried all the other stuff that's out there to quit it didnt work I never felt better thats how I took up this hobby !

Guess I'll chime in on this. I'm sure that the ecigs aren't as bad as the real thing; but I keep seeing articles about the ecigs being dangerous also. I haven't taken the time to read these articles. I'm sure some of you have and can explain to all of us what is supposed to be bad about the ecigs. My daughter and son-in-law both tried the ecigs a while back, but didn't stay on them. They both smoke heavily. My daughter was a nurse before becoming disabled. She decided that the ecigs they were using weren't as 'healthful' as she had first thought. Although a lot of the bad things in cigs are not in the ecigs, nicotine could be added to what was inhaled. Anything that reduces the amount of bad things that we put into our bodies is good. But, it seems that quitting is better. I thought the ecigs were to be used as a 'crutch' while quitting; not just another addiction.
I smoked for 40 years. I quit 'cold turkey' on September 29, 2000. (Didn't realize until several years later, but that would have been my dad's 100th birthday if he had lived that long.) I was 58 when I quit. I had been having several acute bronchitis attacks a year and had to do something. I've often wondered if I had not had the bronchitis attacks, would I have quit? Hopefully I would have.
I was fine for several years after quitting. About 5 years ago, I was diagnosed with COPD. As time has passed, it has worsened. I have been on Advair for about 3 years now, plus an inhaler, and some medications through a nebulizer. About one and a half years ago, an oxygen concentrator was placed in my bedroom and is used almost nightly. If I get 'winded' during the day, I use it for a few minutes to help get my breathing back under control. I carry an oxygen bottle in the car with me in case I need it. Until a few weeks ago, I could go walking for a mile or so (slowly) without much problems. Now I have to use the oxygen bottle if I'm out walking for exercise. Just going to the store doesn't bother me too much; but if I get in a hurry or try to carry several packages I get 'winded'.
My advice: Quit! Sooner the better. It's such a 'slippery slope'. I thought I was getting away with 40 years of smoking for the first few years after I quit. Ha Ha, no such luck. You may be (hopefully) luckier than I. One of my wife's uncles quit when he was 58 also. He ran marathons for years afterwards. He's now either 78 or 79 and still gets out and mows some of his disabled friends' lawns and jogs several times a week! Who knows how it will affect you. My wife's gramps had gallbladder surgery when he was 86. He smoked and drank Southern Comfort. The smoking and drinking finally killed him when was 92!

I am in the process of quitting right now. I am not using the ecigs but I am on Chantix. This is the second time I have taking it. The last time was about 6 years ago and it worked great. I was just stupid and only took it for a month and started smoking again like a week after.

I am 1 week and 1 day into the medicine. I only had 1 cig yesterday and none so far today, though I still crave one. I also do not have all the bad side effects everybidy talks about with the medicine. The only really difference I notice is that my dreams are more vivid. Hopefully I will finally be able to kick this 12 year habbit for good!

I smoked a pack a day for 6 years. One day I decided that purposely putting something into my body that would eventually cause my death was one of the stupidest things I could do. I spent the next couple of weeks convincing myself that it was going to kill me. During that time I noticed that they started tasting increasingly worse to the point where they were downright nasty. Then I asked myself if I'm not enjoying this, it will kill me, and they taste so bad, why am I still doing it? So I threw the half a pack I had left away and never smoked again. That was 33 years ago.

Been 2 years probably Maybe 3, I haven't counted..Been using the smoktech adjustable battery with the kanger protank II, 1.8 ohm coil.
My success has prompted 2 of my friends to buy them and they have cut down their cigarette smoking but they haven't quit completely, I think because when you do switch over it is allot like quitting smoking,
Nicotine I think is only partially what is addictive but it Is a whole lot easier to quit these Vape units then cold turkey tobacco.
Leave mine at home all the time and don't miss it nearly like I would a cigarette.

Waiting for the day they develop e-dip..tried a few varieties of the no tobacco dip, but the texture and taste is just to far off :(

Waiting for the day they develop e-dip..tried a few varieties of the no tobacco dip, but the texture and taste is just to far off :(

I agree with you. Here is a product that someone reccomended , I havent tried it yet but the texture is supposed to be a lot better and it has a bite or burn more like the real thing.

https://www.hoochsnuff.com/Main.aspx?SID=187N3982799946

Then there is this stuff which is non tobacco but has added nicotene.

http://elicitherbalchew.com/

Today marks my 1 year anniversary of quitting smoking! Been ecig free for about three months!

I'm haven't had a cigarette for 16 months and counting.

I even quit the e-cigs, but all the experts say they don't work anyway. Ha!

Back
Top Bottom