That does it......

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
It has been a mostly fun 10 year run at CRHing, but KT has just decided that if there is no half dollar box this coming week, that will end it for good. When KT looked at the diminishing returns over the past couple of years, plus the bank's change of attitude from service to the customer to What...Me worry?, KT has had enough.

Below are listed the totals for KT's 10 years of CRHing, so everyone can see what His Majesty accomplished in that time.

Grand total Halves searched - 4,670,000
Grand total 40%Ag halves recovered - 2,808
Grand total 90%Ag halves recovered - 823
Grand total Proofs recovered - 670
Grand total NIFCs kept - 7,152
Grand total foreign coins recovered - 63
Grand total Bank Overage paid out - $990.16, and this does not include the 3 gold rings KT found rolling around in the machine...2 14 Kt ones and 1 18Kt!!

During the closure of the banks when Covid hit, in that year, KT purchased 41 40%Ag halves and 484 90%Ag halves, this was when rolls of 90%Ag halves could be purchased for ~ $160/roll.

Total silver scrap value amounts to: 40%Ag halves, found and purchased = $7,807.53 :shock:
90%Ag halves, found and purchased: $8,759.85 :shock:

So it has been a good run overall, but like all things like this, eventually the effort and frustration, plus time and fuel costs out run the fun! KT is glad he did it and will leave this legacy collection to Prince John. He may be able to purchase a new car with what he gets out of it, once KT has passed. And if for some reason the price of silver goes sky high in the next few years, KT will cash it all out and just leave him the money! :laughing::laughing:

Besides KT has a couple of new to Him shotguns and .22 rifles that have been needing custom camoflage painting, and KT will enjoy doing that this fall.

There are also several new fluorescent minerals on their way via USPO, and KT has already made several silver half purchases on eBay today, so life moves on!

When the coins arrive, KT will post them in this thread topic of CRH, even tho they will not technically be CRH, but purchases as viewers know where to look for KT's coin comments! :laughing::laughing::D

You’ve had quite the run KT! Sorry it may end as I’ve always liked the weekly report. But I can patiently await your camo jobs.

You’ve had quite the run KT! Sorry it may end as I’ve always liked the weekly report. But I can patiently await your camo jobs.

Thanks for your response, partyofone! His Majesty will start the first camo job in a few days! It should be an interesting one as it is a survival rifle (black) with two barrels...a single shot .22 and a single shot .410. It is strictly a food gun, and once completed with be carried in my New Royal Coach. There is also a Marlin semi-auto .22LR that will be the next in line! These posts will be posted in the Family Friendly Section, starting with the stock looks of the rifle/shotgun set up. That could happen Sunday afternoon.

I'm sorry it has come to an end thisway, KT. But, ABSOLUTELY WOW!!! That is some very impressive totals! :wow2: :woot: :dingding:
Besides KT has a couple of new to Him shotguns and .22 rifles that have been needing custom camoflage painting, and KT will enjoy doing that this fall.
I would like to see some updates on this as you do them. I remember one you posted a while back, it looked nice. :good:

I'm sorry it has come to an end thisway, KT. But, ABSOLUTELY WOW!!! That is some very impressive totals! :wow2: :woot: :dingding:
I would like to see some updates on this as you do them. I remember one you posted a while back, it looked nice. :good:

Thanks, Wolf-Dog! Yes, it was fun while it lasted! :laughing::laughing:

Yes, when KT starts the painting project, it will be posted in the Family Friendly section, and will show the stock appearance of the gun in the first few pictures.

His Majesty may want to consider venturing out to estate and garage sales. The Surgeon
has many fine silver coins that were purchased from them at decent prices. Also, I don't
know about your bank but my bank has a large turnover of tellers and managers you may in the future get someone who will get you back in business again.

His Majesty may want to consider venturing out to estate and garage sales. The Surgeon
has many fine silver coins that were purchased from them at decent prices. Also, I don't
know about your bank but my bank has a large turnover of tellers and managers you may in the future get someone who will get you back in business again.

might al so check large flea markets , i have found old coins mixed in with assorted world coins in old cigar boxes, and tobacco tins , and with other assorted junk jewelry . Sometimes things that grampa put aside in a box in the garage or closet .

might al so check large flea markets , i have found old coins mixed in with assorted world coins in old cigar boxes, and tobacco tins , and with other assorted junk jewelry . Sometimes things that grampa put aside in a box in the garage or closet .

Yes, KT does enjoy cruising around yard sales, fleamarkets and junk shops. Me thinketh there may be more of those activities in the Royal Future! :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom