• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

35 Years

Lee1968

Elite Member
Today is our 35th wedding anniversary. We married when she was 16 and I was 18, and we had a little one on the way. (It was the Friday after I graduated high school.) I came from the wrong side of the tracks, and she grew up in a 17 room house. Needless to say, our families were not "supportive" of our decision. Her mom offered her one of her rental properties as long as she didn't bring me. The day we got married, we went to my sister's house for a small gathering. When we walked in, my mom asked - "Did you do it?" - when I told her we were married, she just shook her head and walked away. My older brother - who has been divorced twice now - said it wouldn't work. My sister - who has been divorced once - said it wouldn't work. The judge that married us told us how the odds were our marriage would end in divorce. I was making $3.50 an hour, and we found a small rental house in a bad part of town, and we got started. It took years, but we are financial comfortable now. I was used to being poor, but for her it had to be a shock - but she didn't complain. We have always been on each other's side, and I can't imagine my life without her. Sorry this doesn't have anything to do with metal detecting, but for this milestone, I had to brag a little. :D

Royal Congrats on your most successful venture into the World of Matrimony!

It is never what we think it is when we enter that Realm, but with hard work, love, understanding and patience, it can last and turn into a truly beautiful thing! :D:D:D

Congrats! Working on year 21 for me. Sometimes you get lucky and get your coil over a keeper. She's the best find I'll ever make. I'm grateful.

Congrats! Great to hear of someone who has found the greatest treasure of all. My wife and I are on 31 years this October!

Super duper congrats !!!!! :thumbsup:

That is so great, a lasting relationship between a husband and wife is so worth the effort and commitment, I am proud of y'all !

Ours is similar in a way, my wife and I had our first date back in July of 1981 and was married by the end of the same month :shock: :lol: no pregnancy involved, we just simply knew we were meant for each other and God has blessed us with a continuing very happy marriage, later this coming July will be 40 years, and I would not be surprised if back then some thought our marriage would not last after getting married in the same month as our first date :lol: ......guess they know different now :lol:

Attachments

• CAM00205_copy_600x1000.jpg
    CAM00205_copy_600x1000.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 20181215_194801_1544936424579_resized_copy_1067x600.jpg
    20181215_194801_1544936424579_resized_copy_1067x600.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 326
Congrats! That’s not the easiest thing to do in this day and age of demand for instant gratification. My wife and I coming on 21 years together.

Congrats to all who’ve posted their many years of marriage. On Flag Day,
June 14th, my wife and I will be celebrating 46 years married. Yeah, I know, diggin4clad, cellrdwellr and Ron… I don’t LOOK that old ! :cool3:

Congratulations to you and your bride!
My wife and I are approaching 29 years together, and you are correct, it is a rarity in this day and age.
(We, like you, are also 53 years old)

Wife and I got married in October 1969. We are still together. :D

Wow :shock:, super congrats Rudy, I think you got us all beat, depending on the anniversary day/month looks like you are at 52 years or close to it !

You must had learned a saying that goes something like this:

Smartest thing a husband ever said: "Yes, dear" :lol:

October 25 , 1969 for my wife and I . we are still together also . :yes:
Wow Rudy , you must be a bit older than I thought you were ! :shock:

Congrats to the OP ( Lee) and all the others who have picked the right mate and beaten the odds . Previous to marrying my wife I was engaged to a girl who turned out to be a She-Devil from Hell , I'm glad I dodged that bullet ! :yes:

October 25 , 1969 for my wife and I . we are still together also . :yes:
Wow Rudy , you must be a bit older than I thought you were ! :shock:

Congrats to the OP (Lee) and all the others who have picked the right mate and beaten the odds . Previous to marrying my wife I was engaged to a girl who turned out to be a She-Devil from Hell , I'm glad I dodged that bullet ! :yes:

Wow :shock:, super congrats Rudy, I think you got us all beat, depending on the anniversary day/month looks like you are at 52 years or close to it !

You must had learned a saying that goes something like this:

Smartest thing a husband ever said: "Yes, dear" :lol:

Yes, I let her think she is the boss. :roll:

Congratulations and hope y'all have many more to come!!! It'll be 36 for the Mrs. and I, on October 18th.

Back
Top Bottom