• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Deus2 beach vid.

Thanks for the video. A real , in the wild capture. Some definite falsing going on there , but look at the sand ! Also he is still learning his machine and dialing it in. Best informative video yet.

Thanks for the video. A real , in the wild capture. Some definite falsing going on there , but look at the sand ! Also he is still learning his machine and dialing it in. Best informative video yet.

Glad my beaches don't look like that! Was trying to figure out if that was a ring or an eye insert from a fishing rod?

I've got black sand in Tahoe that kills my equinox. I hope I can hunt it with the D2. Knowing how many locals hunt Tahoe with an equinox and what that sand does I expect a lot of goodies to be there.

I thought the Deus II had a wireless coil... so what is the cord that goes from the coil to the remote on his detector in the video?

I thought the Deus II had a wireless coil... so what is the cord that goes from the coil to the remote on his detector in the video?

What you see is the antenna. If the coil is in water over 1" deep it needs the antenna.

Suggest looking at Owners manual for Deus II which shows how to add the "antenna" that is actually a fancy coil wire that attaches to the coil and control unit. Same goes for the "wireless" headphones that won't work if the control unit is underwater - you need one of the optional wired headphones to go deeper than the control unit.

The user in the video could not get Deus 2 to ground balance on the highly conductive sand. That could be operator error since there is no manual ground balance feature available in its Beach and Diving modes. It does have a ground grab and tracking. There is also a special Magnetic Conductive Ground-ground balance procedure but he did not seem to be using it or didn't know about it.

He changed from Beach (high frequency of 24 kHz) to Beach Sensitive (high of 40 kHz) several times. Some of the falsing was when he accidentally lost control of the coil. The Deus 2 manual repeats several times in its Beach section that keeping the coil level and the same distance from salt sand is important for quiet operation. I was interested in those magnetic/hot rock responses that may have happened because he could not get a proper ground balance.

An aside.....Homer in his Iliad/Odyssey spoke of the "wine dark sea". I could literally see dark red wine colored areas of silt? in that surf from the volcanic rock/sand. Really weird and beautiful.

The user in the video could not get Deus 2 to ground balance on the highly conductive sand. That could be operator error since there is no manual ground balance feature available in its Beach and Diving modes. It does have a ground grab and tracking. There is also a special Magnetic Conductive Ground-ground balance procedure but he did not seem to be using it or didn't know about it.

He changed from Beach (high frequency of 24 kHz) to Beach Sensitive (high of 40 kHz) several times. Some of the falsing was when he accidentally lost control of the coil. The Deus 2 manual repeats several times in its Beach section that keeping the coil level and the same distance from salt sand is important for quiet operation. I was interested in those magnetic/hot rock responses that may have happened because he could not get a proper ground balance.

An aside.....Homer in his Iliad/Odyssey spoke of the "wine dark sea". I could literally see dark red wine colored areas of silt? in that surf from the volcanic rock/sand. Really weird and beautiful.

I don't think anyone who gets one of these is going to be considered a master of a Deus II in six months. I got a different type detector being delivered tomorrow. I already got a whole month slotted just to see what she's trying to tell me. I do know keeping a coil level swinging it is not easy. I walk behind everybody and watch the end swing. Never seen the first one perfect. Something like an Infinium you'll know it when the coil raises at the end of the swing.

Back
Top Bottom