• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Can I Join the Club?

Digger Boy

Hi all.

James from Central New York/Finger Lakes Region.

I've been following "Oak Island" from the beginning, in fact I remember reading the same Reader's Digest article way back when . . . (I'm 59 now).

The recent episode of "Beyond Oak Island" MD'ing with Gary Drayton on the "Treasure Coast", lucky bum, he lives there!

And of course who hasn't watched the Detectorists with "Simon and Garfunkel", and the invisible dogs?

All of this making me think I should spend a small fortune I don't have so I can waste valuable hours picking up other peoples worthless trash from the beach all in the hopes of some day finding the "Holy Grail" of MD'ing. :hmmm:

Can I join the club? :digginahole: ?

BTW: I don't drive a 1977 Triumph TR7, I do however drive a 1996 Toyota Tercel - the rare 2 door model. Does this qualify me for membership?

I drive an '07 Prius Hybrid and they let me in. Welcome to the forum and club from the Missouri Ozarks.

Doug

welcome from western ny! great area around us for this hobby honestly. All sorts of goodies waiting to be found.

Welcome from PA. Guess you're in the same boat as all of us northerners.

Steve

Attachments

• PCSC.jpg
    PCSC.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 181
Welcome from central Mississippi!
Wimpy cars would be destroyed in just a few minutes where we hunt.
4wd trucks with sufficient ground clearance is the only thing that will not get stuck when relic detecting in our area.

The topic of Oak Island has been brought up many times before, not a whole lotta of fans here from what I read. What we do have here is a bunch of great members willing to help with your questions as you learn. That said welcome to the hobby and forum.
I read that same article in Readers Digest and also learned of the fabled 1943 copper penny from that rag. Been looking for one since. And the treasure hunter in me hopes they will find treasure one day but common sense tells me it different. And IMO Gary Dayton is a putz. Although one day I hope I can be a "Metal Detecting Expert":lol: The other show, never watched it.
And it doesn't matter what you drive or what rig you hunt with, what matters is passion that drives you to find the little bits of treasure and history that has been lost by those long ago. And soon you will learn how addicting this wonderful hobby can be. So again, Welcome, good luck and good hunting. Mark

Welcome from SW Florida. You don't need to spend a fortune on a detector. there are many cheaper models that do well. Then later you can upgrade and keep the cheaper one for a spare, or for a friend to take hunting with you. I have an older S10 pickup with way too many miles on it, and they let me join.

Thanks To All

Thanks to all for welcoming me to the forum.

I look forward to learning a lot here and making some friends, not to mention all of the goodies I'll find. :mder:

Still deciding on which detector to purchase, but plan on buying one soon.

Back
Top Bottom