Turning a No into a Yes anyone had any luck

TreasureLord_Kc

Getting a No on a permission you really want to detect Anyone had any luck trying to convince the land owner? If so how.
I found a permission I really would love to detect But the owner said it's a cattle ranch and people make the cows run. 😭

Money talks! :lol: I have actually had a landowner change his mind and let me hit his property, but only because I’d left my phone #, he initially said no then later called to say he’d changed his mind. Another farmer one time was hesitant, but after I volunteered my driver’s license info he felt confident enough to let me hunt the house yard as he hit the fields with the combine.

Have them pick a number between 10 and 20. Tell them whatever number they pick, is assigned to that particular "find" which they get to keep.

Never let them have the option of #1 because if it's a goodun, they'll chase you off the property and go buy a cheap detector :lol:

My crew’s been working a cattle ranch since December. Had great luck outside the pastures in hay fields, wheat/corn/bean fields, creek bottoms, woods, etc. Inside the pasture has been the opposite of what the rancher told you. Cows have never run, and are generally curious. I did had a cow charge me multiple times. Nearly made me run. :laughing:

We always offer to let the landowners use an extra detector. That sometimes will turn it around, especially if they have kids or grandkids.

The cattle running away is bs (pun intended). The cattle will migrate toward you out of curiosity or they think they will be fed usually. I've never had a no turned into a yes yet but I'm working on one.

Back
Top Bottom