do drowsing road really work?

All I can figure is this plumber already knew where our septic tank was, and for some reason, he put on an elaberate show to make us think he was dowsing.

Why, I would have no idea. We were charged by the hour. Nor were we charged extra for finding the tank. The only motive would have been to make us think he was dowsing? Makes no sense, but it makes more than being able to find it with a doswing rod I guess.

A couple things I still haven't been able to explain away though.

Was he packing a dowsing rod in his truck just to put on a show for people?

He also did something that blew my mind. Not so much the dowsing, but I didn't know !!!! would flow out of the ground. He said something like "I wonder if the line is asbestos or iron? He then took his rod, which was about 3/8" in diameter and pointed on the end. He walked across the grass covered yard until the rod fell to one side. He then took the pointed end of his rod and started puching it in the ground at his mark. At about 3' down we could hear it hit something and stopped. He lifted it up and down seveal times and you could hear it hittong something. He then lifted it up and went down real hard. It punchered the line below and when he pulled the rod out of the ground !!!! boiled out of the hole he just made. I mean !!!! literally came out of the hole until he stepped on it and swiveled his foot as to close the hole. The !!!! stopped.

All I can say is if this guy was just putting on a show, it was one hell of a show LOL.

All I can figure is this plumber already knew where our septic tank was, and for some reason, he put on an elaberate show to make us think he was dowsing.

Why, I would have no idea. We were charged by the hour. Nor were we charged extra for finding the tank. The only motive would have been to make us think he was dowsing? Makes no sense, but it makes more than being able to find it with a doswing rod I guess.

A couple things I still haven't been able to explain away though.

Was he packing a dowsing rod in his truck just to put on a show for people?

He also did something that blew my mind. Not so much the dowsing, but I didn't know !!!! would flow out of the ground. He said something like "I wonder if the line is asbestos or iron? He then took his rod, which was about 3/8" in diameter and pointed on the end. He walked across the grass covered yard until the rod fell to one side. He then took the pointed end of his rod and started puching it in the ground at his mark. At about 3' down we could hear it hit something and stopped. He lifted it up and down seveal times and you could hear it hittong something. He then lifted it up and went down real hard. It punchered the line below and when he pulled the rod out of the ground !!!! boiled out of the hole he just made. I mean !!!! literally came out of the hole until he stepped on it and swiveled his foot as to close the hole. The !!!! stopped.

All I can say is if this guy was just putting on a show, it was one hell of a show LOL.

So this guy was doing all this, with a long, narrow steel rod that was pointed at one end and had a T handle at the other? That's not a dowsing rod, that's a probe, similar to those used by bottle diggers.

I used to laugh at the idea myself until I saw it in action There is little I can say now that can explain what I witnessed.

We had bought a house in a small community of Monument Colorado, just outside Colorado Springs, and our sewer backed up. We called a plumber who asked where our septic tank was. Being new property we had no idea. He said no problem, and got a long stainless steele rod with a T handle out of his truck. He started walking along the back of the house until the rod fell to one side. He marked the ground and said your septic tank is here.

He then ask about where it exited the house. Again, we had no idea. He walked along the back of the house until the rod fell to the side. He marked the spot and said it comes out here. He acted as there was no doubt in his mind. A truck shows up with a backhoe and starts digging where he marked the septic tank. At about 4' he hit what looked like railroad ties, and the tank was right there.

Now either this guy was one heck of a con, or, the dowsing rods did in fact work.

I believe there is a likely place for a septic tank to be placed, and the ideomotor effect takes over from there. I hope I spelled that right. That is where your brain makes the rods move without you being aware of it.

I don't know the geology of Colorado Springs, so I couldn't tell where I would look without seeing a picture of the place. I don't know the size of the property you are talking about either.

-- Tom

So this guy was doing all this, with a long, narrow steel rod that was pointed at one end and had a T handle at the other? That's not a dowsing rod, that's a probe, similar to those used by bottle diggers.

Could have been a probe I don't know. All I know is what I saw. If he already knew where things were at, he had to have been triangulating from phone poles. building and or roads. The property was roughly 2 acres. A country house.

This is what the thing he used looked like. Made of stainless would be my guess, and about 4' long

I have read that the test asked by dowsers to perform was an impossible one not just proving they could find things. That is why no ligitimate dowser tried it. Just what I've read. Truth? No idea.

Attachments

• rod.jpg
    rod.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 206
e
I have never used them to find coins,etc but have for finding water and yes they do work.

definitely works for water. I knew of a well drilling business in northeast Pennsylvania whose owner located where to drill by using dowsing rods. just a matter of fact. No bs about it. he demonstrated the technique to me and let me have a try. when you feel the undeniable pull on the rods, its quite astonishing....

e

definitely works for water. I knew of a well drilling business in northeast Pennsylvania whose owner located where to drill by using dowsing rods. just a matter of fact. No bs about it. he demonstrated the technique to me and let me have a try. when you feel the undeniable pull on the rods, its quite astonishing....

What are the rods made of? For large metal pockets of material that emit a strong enough magnetic field the correct rods would work. But as water doesn't emit a strong enough magnetic field, or much stronger than the surrounding ground, I can't think of anything that would be attracted to it enough to create a pull. What would be the force behind the pull of the rods toward the water? And wouldn't the water be a massive pocket big enough that anywhere they drill for water... is going to hit the water. The water rods just isn't making much practical sense to me.
It could work... But would cost a lot of $ and countless hours of trial and error and a lot of book smarts behind it.
Now, I just need to design a metal detector that works like a dowsing rod and points the way to the gold :lol: ... It is actually feasible ;)

Last edited:
I have read a theroy that somewhat is feasable. It works off the concept of how animals are able to sense things. Humans used to have this ability but we lost how to use it as we advanced in technology. The dowsing rod is simply a way to focus that sense to a more visiable means. The dowsing rod respons not on its own, but by the senses of the user.

I don't know but I can say what I witnessed can't be disreguarded. I like to think I'm a fairly intellegent fellow not eaisly fooled. What I saw I can't explain, but I can say for a fact it was weird. Like trying to convience some people of seeing a UFO I believe.

One thing I can say for sure. I found a 1944 walker half in an open plowed field with a pair of coat hanger from a good 8th mile away. Yes it was probably just luck that there happened to be a silver half out in that field and I walked to it, but the fact remains, I would not have found it if not for playing with the coathangers and following them. So in that sense dowsing did in fact find me a silver half.

I am a complete sceptic about dowsing and as others have said, it's never been proven scientifically...However, after talking to a local water company engineer and seen him using them, I am somewhat stumped..

After watching him do a demo, he explained the water company issued them quite a few assorted devices for finding underground water pipes and leaks...Some were very low tech like a rod they stuck one end to the ground and put their ear to the other, so they could hear underground running water, to quite high tech electronic stuff. However, he and many of the older engineers also unofficially carried and used their own dowsing rods....

The situation was such that company banned them from carrying and using them but eventually gave up and turned a blind eye to it....

Hey, Maxx. Did you misspell that, or is that the term you know it by?
Around Iowa, we know it by "dowsing", or "dowsing rods"

Redwaller; Do a Youtube search for videos. It seems unbelievable, but they do work.

Roger

probabli was speld wong cents my spell checkers is not wonking.:roll:

I spent some time reading about it on that other forum and the most important thing I learned was don't ask people that believe in them for proof.

amen to that they get their feelings hurt real quick and admins will close the discussion or worse ban you.

e

I know most of pa and ny very well and you can literally dig just about anywhere and hit water. Like literally anywhere.....just a matter of how deep you go. In fact in my area of ny specifically if you did not hit water I would be more impressed.

I know most of pa and ny very well and you can literally dig just about anywhere and hit water. Like literally anywhere.....just a matter of how deep you go. In fact in my area of ny specifically if you did not hit water I would be more impressed.

Exactly. Unless you dig *everywhere*, it is impossible to tell if your dowsing rod found the optimum location.

My great grandparents had a place that was obviously the easiest to get water. It was an Artesian well. I believe it is currently under I-95 or I-495, whatever it is called at that location.

-- Tom

Back
Top Bottom