• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Time to get back into the hobby.

I have two of them and wouldn't part with them. Wife told me to get a new up-to-date detector and get-with-the-times, but I haven't been sold on one yet. Still looking and watching though. If you run across a used one I recommend jumping on it. Keep it as a back-up or for friends. But as you know with the MXT...they aren't light weight.

I own two M6 machines also within "my herd." It has always been in my plans to use them both if and when I get a green, student, wanting to learn the hobby. I would carry one, them the other, no HPs and just go nuts with fast clad and possible jewelry. The M6 is just so easy and rewarding. If a newbie is to get hooked while learning, the M6 will do it IMPO. Owning two of them also gives me comfort just in case one fails.

Oddly, Googling for a "Whites M6 for sale" doesn't return hits for me. Maybe those who own them are like us, they are keeping them.

I own two M6 machines also within "my herd." It has always been in my plans to use them both if and when I get a green, student, wanting to learn the hobby. I would carry one, them the other, no HPs and just go nuts with fast clad and possible jewelry. The M6 is just so easy and rewarding. If a newbie is to get hooked while learning, the M6 will do it IMPO. Owning two of them also gives me comfort just in case one fails.

Oddly, Googling for a "Whites M6 for sale" doesn't return hits for me. Maybe those who own them are like us, they are keeping them.

I used an XLT some 20+ years ago for a while. I spent as much time tweeking than hunting. The M6 just does what it needs to without fussing with settings.

I am leaning towards the apex. Ty for such a detailed reply. I think it checks all the boxes I am looking for. My only concern is at that price point, there are so many other options. I just need to make sure it’s worth it. I do like the headphone and pinpointer syncing together. Again, Ty.

don't know if you have decided on a detector yet but before you decide on the apex you need to go check out some videos on the ace apex like Calabash diggers comparison and Vegas detect videos
watching several videos on you tube was what I did and it became quite apparent in a hurry for me that I would never own a Apex.

watching several videos I narrowed my search down to two detectors for my grandson the two that ended up at the top of my list was the Simplex plus and the Vanquish 540 the Vanquish is a multi frequency detector but not water proof i do not know if it is even rain proof since it comes with a rain cover, the Simplex plus is totally water proof but it is a single frequency detector I ultimately decided to purchase the simplex plus because of it being water proof, and have no regrets in my purchase for my grandson
The price the Simplex plus sets at makes it the best bang for your buck, in today's market, and quite honestly every time my grandson detects with me using the simplex plus it totally amazes me just how great of a detector the Simplex plus truly is so much so that while I am waiting on my pre ordered Legend to arrive I have ordered a second Simplex plus for myself.

Just some food for your thought

don't know if you have decided on a detector yet but before you decide on the apex you need to go check out some videos on the ace apex like Calabash diggers comparison and Vegas detect videos
watching several videos on you tube was what I did and it became quite apparent in a hurry for me that I would never own a Apex.

watching several videos I narrowed my search down to two detectors for my grandson the two that ended up at the top of my list was the Simplex plus and the Vanquish 540 the Vanquish is a multi frequency detector but not water proof i do not know if it is even rain proof since it comes with a rain cover, the Simplex plus is totally water proof but it is a single frequency detector I ultimately decided to purchase the simplex plus because of it being water proof, and have no regrets in my purchase for my grandson
The price the Simplex plus sets at makes it the best bang for your buck, in today's market, and quite honestly every time my grandson detects with me using the simplex plus it totally amazes me just how great of a detector the Simplex plus truly is so much so that while I am waiting on my pre ordered Legend to arrive I have ordered a second Simplex plus for myself.

Just some food for your thought

Ty. I watched many videos but didn’t see anything negative about the Apex until I saw the ones you recommended. I am now looking into the ones you suggested. The simplex would prob be sufficient if I could change coils. Have you noticed a prob only having the one option?

Ty. I watched many videos but didn’t see anything negative about the Apex until I saw the ones you recommended. I am now looking into the ones you suggested. The simplex would prob be sufficient if I could change coils. Have you noticed a prob only having the one option?

There are multiple coil options for the Simplex. You might want to call some of the forum sponsors to see if they have any of the Simplex deals left (free extra coil with purchase of Simplex +). If you're not in a hurry it could be advantageous to wait a bit - as it is possible that NM will run a similar promotion this spring.

BTW - NM sells a pinpointer that will pair with the Simplex's wireless headphones. I have not used it (the pinpointer) but it seems that most users tend to like that pinpointer.

Steeler1 I did a recent search yesterday to be exact and there are dealers out there that still offer the Simplex plus with the standard 11 inch coil and you also get a free 9.5 x 5 inch coil and wireless headphones that package is $339
the 9.5 x 5 inch coil is a fantastic coil

I also read one of the comments about a pin pointer which is the pulse dive pin pointer i also purchased it and to be honest with you I have never been able to get the pulse dive pin pointer to pair with the headphones that came with the simplex plus and I have tried everything to get the two to pair, I purchased the Simplex plus and the pulse dive at the same time

I am another Apex user. I have an ACE 400 and a 250. So the Apex has been pretty easy to learn.

I only got it a few weeks ago, and it's winter. Had it out only a few times in VERY trashy local yards I have hunted before.

I am a coin shooter for the most part. Both my other machines have worked fine for me, but I can see the Apex is a step up. I did the update on mine when I got it, took about 10 minutes start to finish. Very easy.

I just picked mine up used in the box, just like new. About $150 less than new would have been from a local dealer. I would call a couple local dealers and see what they have on the wall. This guy had two in the same condition.

I agree with what Tahtsadatsago had to say about it. But I will add that at about 2.5 lb's it is the lightest detector I swing.

Welcome back.

Being an old Whites fan myself, I'd recommend the Garrett AT Pro. Nice and stable like the MXT, solid VDI, and easy to run. Turn-on-n-go.

In the 2006 to 2012 time period I used a Whites Prizm IV then I used it a little less. A few years ago I let a friend borrow it. Big mistake, turns out he pawned my Metal detector and a few other things of mine and a lot of other former friends as well. I never got the Whites back. I have on order a Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro model and I have been watching Youtube extensively on this detector. I am going to have a great time using this. Looking forward to getting back in the game and also getting some weight back off while doing it.

In the 2006 to 2012 time period I used a Whites Prizm IV then I used it a little less. A few years ago I let a friend borrow it. Big mistake, turns out he pawned my Metal detector and a few other things of mine and a lot of other former friends as well. I never got the Whites back. I have on order a Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro model and I have been watching Youtube extensively on this detector. I am going to have a great time using this. Looking forward to getting back in the game and also getting some weight back off while doing it.

Bummer of a story, but you'll enjoy the 540.

Out of curiosity, did you have no legal recourse against the pawnshop?

Bummer of a story, but you'll enjoy the 540.

Out of curiosity, did you have no legal recourse against the pawnshop?

I do not even know which pawnshop out of so many he pawned it to. Otherwise, I would have gone after them for the Prizm, my pressure washer and my two shotguns (I had serial numbers on one of those) But I do have a Police report filed so maybe....

I currently own the Minelab Vanquish 540 pro pack and I absolutely love it

My Vanquish arrived today, currently charging the batteries but put some alkaline batteries in found 2 pennies in the yard and some foil. This Vanquish works very well and i am going to like it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom