Platinum Help

Mr Mud

I need some guidance from my fellow metal detectorists. I am trying to help a neighbor find a small platinum diamond earring. I have a Whites MXT and a Garret Ace 400. I used the mate to the earring to get a signal but neither metal detector was able to pick up a signal for the platinum earring. Can anyone advise me on how to locate the earring or is there different equipment I need to use?

Attachments

• small earring_0357.jpg
    small earring_0357.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 263
I found a platinum engagement ring with my AT pro.
It was a good solid signal, but it was huge compared to that earing.
I'll try to check it tonight and see where it comes in.

Your Garrett isn't going to touch it. Your MXT should be able to hit it in prospecting mode if it's closed like in the picture. Not sure it will hit it if its open. That is going to respond more alike a mineral than a metal.

Good luck.
Mike

Where do you live? Id be glad to help if your within driving distance. Maybe someone close has a detector you could use.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

.... I have a Whites MXT ....

..... if it's closed like in the picture. Not sure it will hit it if its open. ....

Mike is right: If it's closed, (and closed TIGHT) to make a complete loop, then you should be able to hit it with any standard detector. Since that would mimic a ring (albeit a small and dainty ring). But if the clasp is open (or loose fitted), then it will be like a chain link: A super dainty target.

In which case , yes, a prospecting mode of a detector intended to be able to get tteeennnsssy things, can get it. And the MXT is a machine which has cross-over prospecting mode.

But be aware, that the moment you set your MXT to be able to hit on ttteennssy dainty pinhead nugget type stuff, is the minute that every single staple, and pinhead, and paperclip in that yard is ALSO going to "ring the bells of Notre Dame" :mad:

Take the 1 that isn't lost put it on the grass near where it was lost and try different settings to see what will hit it and what won't

Back
Top Bottom