Spent a day at the pool

stetam

Elite Member
Local small town pool, been there since 1961-62 and has never been detected. I became friends with the township workers and they let me in exclusively to detect it. I only hunted 1/8th of the grounds(the area in front in the picture) and left a LOT in the ground of what I did hunt. Needless to say my knees are going to hurt tomorrow. Only 1 wheaty and a 64 Rosie but the silver rings and the $24 in clad are ok:yes:

Attachments

• IMG_2334.jpg
    IMG_2334.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_2340.jpg
    IMG_2340.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 627
I've heard that if there's grass directly adjacent to swimming pools, that that's a good place to find jewelry.

Hunt the dickens out of that place. I've been doing our local pool for about 5 years and just recently found my 13th gold ring. Its been there since the 40s but has been hunted a bunch before me. I guarantee you will find SO much good stuff. Keep going over where you have been and you'll be rewarded greatly. Congrats on some nice early finds!!

I need to work on permission to detect our local pool....I've been procrastinating on that for a couple of years.

Wow you are entering into the JAK realm with that kinda of clad haul. Awesome score Steve, congrats on the multiple sterling and Rosie. Looks like you may have yourself a new honeyhole there. Pace yourself, my back n knees hurt just thinking about all the digging you did. Good luck on the return trip. Mark

Hunt the dickens out of that place. I've been doing our local pool for about 5 years and just recently found my 13th gold ring. Its been there since the 40s but has been hunted a bunch before me. I guarantee you will find SO much good stuff. Keep going over where you have been and you'll be rewarded greatly. Congrats on some nice early finds!!

Oh I plan on hitting it hard and often. Due to there surely being a lot of jewelry in the ground with this location you literally have to dig EVERY target. I used the 11" coil but there are so many targets I'm taking the 6" next time. I need to give the Equinox credit, it does unmask very well! The township workers just unlocked the gate for me and said "lock it up when you leave". Nice. Anyway, from what they told me I'm not sure the pool will be open this year due to COVID restrictions and them not being able to find people that want to work. If that's the case then by then the end of the year I'm sure I will have found a ton of jewelry and $1000 in clad.

Steve

Last edited:
Nice haul. Love rings. Seeing as that place has been there since about 2 years before silver coins ceased production and folks regularly carried it for a few years after that, there should be more silver Rosie's and Washingtons under all the clad.

Gl&hh
Don

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Man, this reminds me of a private pool/club in my childhood neighborhood, open since about 1980. My family had membership and I worked there as a lifeguard for a couple years in my teens. Tons of grass, picnics, swimming, sand volleyball court, gazebos, 2 tot lots, sun bathing, general frolicking. Lots of alcohol consumption and good times. This is all open for about 4 months during the summer, and for the rest of the year they host other events like cub scout gatherings, crab feeds, wine tastings, youth sports gatherings, etc.

I've always wanted to detect there, but never got around to asking. I'm certain there is tons of clad, and I'd be very surprised to not find a lot of jewelry also...exactly what you found.

Anyway, looks like a great spot you have. I'm jealous!

When I was a kid my family camped in a campground that the pool dated back to the late 1800's. It was a huge pool that had sloped sides, kind'a like a cement pond. I have pics dating back to 1890's. I've always thought to ask if I could go in there in the off-season. I'd imagine 120+ years has some serious stuff in that soil. Go back and clean that place out!

I went out today again for a short while and dug $9 in clad and 2 earings. The problem is there are soooo many targets that it's going to take a while.

Steve

I went out today again for a short while and dug $9 in clad and 2 earings. The problem is there are soooo many targets that it's going to take a while.

Steve

Your going to need a chest to hold all that stuff in by the time youre finished....IF that ever happens. Thats a dream permission, congrats!

I forgot to mention...make sure you give the guys some donuts or cookies or something. I do that with my guys just to show them how much I appreciate them letting me do what I love to do.

Back
Top Bottom