Every little bit counts

Numil

Elite Member
Been getting out about every other day or so but its still slow. THe good news is the depositors are beginning to come back but I suspect it will be late summer before we see pre-pandemic levels. Keep your fingers crossed.

So I thought I show everyone my finds for the last few days. Two rings both gold but small. One weighs 1.4g, is 14K with small diamond chips. The second ring is 0.8g, is 10K with a ruby (tested it with UV light and it fluoresced). Both rings are small but pretty.

HH & GL

Attachments

• Tiny.jpg
    Tiny.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 436
Nice job! It all adds up I would not mind finding that in my scoop myself. Are water temperatures are still about 54 degrees nobody swimming yet.

:dingding: Good enough and non melters for sure!

What ? Only 14k and 10k ? Not 18k or 24k or plat ? Only "diamond chips" and not 2 carat diamonds ? HOW BORING !

Just kidding :laughing: Congratz on the gold :cool:

as was said gold is gold! Nice finds. I'm still looking to get on the board for this year just can't seem to find that yellow stuff-YET lol

Been getting out about every other day or so but its still slow. THe good news is the depositors are beginning to come back but I suspect it will be late summer before we see pre-pandemic levels. Keep your fingers crossed.

So I thought I show everyone my finds for the last few days. Two rings both gold but small. One weighs 1.4g, is 14K with small diamond chips. The second ring is 0.8g, is 10K with a ruby (tested it with UV light and it fluoresced). Both rings are small but pretty.

HH & GL
Curious-
For hitting' those O'ahu beaches, do you find one time of day more productive than any other? I always wonder if it's best very early in the am, or dinner time, when everyone is out having Mai Tais?
Haven't detected HI yet, but hope to in Sept-Oct...

.... but hope to in Sept-Oct...

Look for when mother nature is eroding. If the inter-tidal sand is "soft to the step" and there's half-buried seaweed, that means the sand is coming "in". But if the sand is hard to the step (such that you can't leave a footprint even if you tried), then that's a sign that sand is going "out".

Other signs are : A) If the waves are glassy blue, then they're not suspending sand. Thus sand not going "out". But if the curl of the waves is dirty brown, then sand has been going "out". B) Look for "cuts", and "scallop shape indentations" and "abnormal steep slopes" to the sand. And hit those lower spots.

This is the tip of the iceberg tips for the west coast of CA. But I'd assume they apply to HI as well.

Look for when mother nature is eroding. If the inter-tidal sand is "soft to the step" and there's half-buried seaweed, that means the sand is coming "in". But if the sand is hard to the step (such that you can't leave a footprint even if you tried), then that's a sign that sand is going "out".

Other signs are : A) If the waves are glassy blue, then they're not suspending sand. Thus sand not going "out". But if the curl of the waves is dirty brown, then sand has been going "out". B) Look for "cuts", and "scallop shape indentations" and "abnormal steep slopes" to the sand. And hit those lower spots.

This is the tip of the iceberg tips for the west coast of CA. But I'd assume they apply to HI as well.

What Tom said.... he's pretty much right on it... Time of day has little to do with finding stuff. Its more about reading the beaches and to read them well you need to Know the beach your hunting as well as tides and currents.

Back
Top Bottom