ever been forced to detect?

Max houser

went out this morning..early... got a few hours in and found some keepers..then I decided to move my truck and hit a property about 100 yards away...mistake number one... I exited the truck with detector on my lap... closed the door only to hear the doors lock!:shock:
keys in the truck, phone in the truck, in the middle of nowhere... sooo.....I start detecting... I know my mind isn't in it, and it's super trashy and my 8x6 is in the truck! SOB!!! about 2 hours later of nothing.. a maintenance man from a local building walked out... I ran down to him saying..."hey can you help a brother out".. he was super nice and helped me break into my truck... which is not easy with newer vehicles..
did not find anything for those 2 hours... for the first time I did not enjoy what I was doing.

went out this morning..early... got a few hours in and found some keepers..then I decided to move my truck and hit a property about 100 yards away...mistake number one... I exited the truck with detector on my lap... closed the door only to hear the doors lock!:shock:
keys in the truck, phone in the truck, in the middle of nowhere... sooo.....I start detecting... I know my mind isn't in it, and it's super trashy and my 8x6 is in the truck! SOB!!! about 2 hours later of nothing.. a maintenance man from a local building walked out... I ran down to him saying..."hey can you help a brother out".. he was super nice and helped me break into my truck... which is not easy with newer vehicles..
did not find anything for those 2 hours... for the first time I did not enjoy what I was doing.

Well what were you thinking to find, a huge stash of car burglary tools? :lol: Then you need to call the mechanic AND the police.

Wow, I know that can be a bummer, glad you got help !

I did that a few times long ago with an older car I had. Just one of the things I like about our newest car, a Toyota Prime, is that you never have to take your "key" out of your pocket, the car detects that the key is real close and will automatically unlock the door when you go to open it, and you still keep the "key" in your pocket when going to drive as it has a push-button start that will only work if the "key" is detected close by, even in your pocket, so with this car I never have to take the key out of my pocket !

....... for the first time I did not enjoy what I was doing.

Good story. Yes I did something similar once: Got my truck stuck in soft sand, 30+ miles from the nearest town that had any sort of towing service to pull me out. It was midnight, and the soonest I could get some towing service to commit to come pull me out, was going to be like 6am. So I was stuck to detect for 6 more hours, while waiting for the tow. And yes, that was a miserable detecting time.

The closest thing to it has been detecting with someone I also carpooled with, which I won’t do again. If I want to go home, I want to go home. And when I couldn’t, my mind definitely was NOT where it needed to be.
This just reinforces the notion that you really do need to have a clear mind to be successful finding all but the most obvious things.

His phone was locked in the truck as well , couldn't call anyone.

It wasn't me but my cousin locked his truck once. It was cool 1st but when he got warm, he took his coveralls off & stuck them in the truck & locked it... keys in coverall pocket Ouch

but one of the window was down about 2" - got a stick & thru the window & round around around till the coverall got stuck in it & pull some of it thru the crack, even got the pocket out to get his keys - figured he go ahead & pull the rest of The coverall thru the window

& break the window doing it

like I said, it wasn't me

Never locked them in the car while detecting but did once at the car wash. I was lucky that a wrecker driver lived next door and was home. He was nice and unlocked it for free. My wife forces me to get out of the house and go detecting when she is tired of me getting on her nerves, does that count.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Never locked them in the car while detecting but did once at the car wash. I was lucky that a wrecker driver lived next door and was home. He was nice and unlocked it for free.

My wife forces me to get out of the house and go detecting when she is tired of me getting on her nerves, does that count.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

:laughing:

(I guess that could also be considered as being "forced" to detect :lol:)

Back
Top Bottom